Nick Saunders Yamaha dealer meetings.

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
AustinW

Nick Saunders Yamaha dealer meetings.

Post by AustinW »

JimboF650 wrote:
AustinW wrote:I have been invited to his stint at Wigan Yamaha on Tuesday 22nd. There seems to be tickets spare as they said if I had any friends......

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)
Do you know what time it starts - had a look on the website but no details apart from the date.
If there's still places I might try and go.
Starts at 7.30. Just got my invite in the post today.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)
Dark Knight

Re: Nick Saunders Yamaha dealer meetings.

Post by Dark Knight »

His name is Nick Sanders, had to check the ticket to make sure, I stand corrected.

Yes it is also 1930 Hrs on Saturday 18th February at Carrick Yamaha, you are supposed to have tickets (they probably will not check them)but you should phone them on 0131 477 7474 for tickets just to make sure.
I hear that there are free DVD's on offer.
I want to ask him about his Super Ten and if there are any mods that he would recommend as I also own one.
timmr

Post by timmr »

For those in the Midlands. Nick Sanders has added a visit to Streetbike in Halesowen.

Tuesday 28th Feb at 7.30pm.

I've heard he's a bit of a nightmare and very blunt but I'm a newbie to this Adventure biking so it could be of use to me!

Timm
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

As i'm in the NW for two weeks i'll be meeting Austin / Anne at Wigan on tues eve. Hopefully Paul-S will be able to make as well. :cheer:
moto al

Post by moto al »

Dark Knight wrote:Is anyone else going to the Nick Saunders meeting at Carrick Yamaha this Saturday?
i was speaking to steven in ride on glasgow today he told me that they had 180 people last night and it was a great night.have a good un tonight cheers .al
moto al
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

I think his Driver Mechanic had a point about Mexico - he was after all kidnapped there at gunpoint, so he may be a tad jaded...

As far as Travel goes, Nick just does Fast and direct for as many hours as possible before he drops off the bike with exhaustion.

But if you want to be entertained - you won't find a funnier, madder and more eccentric two wheeled loony anywhere.

As ever it's easy to be dismissive of people when you haven't done anything like they have.. as the saying goes - walk a mile in their shoes - before dissing them, that way you'll be a mile away when you do it and they'll have no shoes to chase you with..
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
moto al

Post by moto al »

Dark Knight wrote:Is anyone else going to the Nick Saunders meeting at Carrick Yamaha this Saturday?
hi bud how was the show last night at carricks, cheers al
moto al
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

You are right, a good night, people standing at the back. :) :)
Nick was slagging KTM Adventures, saying that because the fuel pump was in the tank it was unreliable, Nick is not mechanical, he does not realise that most bikes and cars have the fuel pump in the tank.
When you are running low on fuel, the impeller in the fuel pump speeds up and the pump can over heat and fail later ( you can hear it buzzing as it speeds up).
As my son is thinking about buying a KTM 990 travel would be interested in any feedback on this possible problem.
Attachments
YamahaSuperTenFuelPump.pdf
(226.75 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
KTM_AdventureFuelPump.pdf
(58.58 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”