Stella Alpina 2011

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Nomad

Re: Stella Alpina 2011

Post by Nomad »

Have you checked LD-Lines Portsmouth to Le Havre ? they are usually the cheapest and they do an overnight
Touring France Some Useful Central Massif Touring Routes...

Ride Reports places we have been and things we have seen...
herman

Post by herman »

africajim wrote:Totally agree Alun, just need to buy one now. Just checking out ferry prices tonight with DFDS, £391 for both bikes return, a lot of money, makes you consider the tunnel! But with the petrol and the tunnel and an extra night camping there's not much between them,,, that and I hate motorway driving!
Any how, we're hoping to sail from Newcastle on the Sunday for Ijmiuden, head for Coblenz for Monday night. Follow the Rheine to Switzerland then on to Annecy, Val desere for the Friday and into Bardonecchia on Saturday. Bokki camping for sat/sun then four days to head back home, sailing from Ijmiuden on the Friday night.
Anyone wanting to tag along/meet up give me a shout and I'll pm my mobile no. Sounds like a great adventure, especially for Fiona as it's her first trip to Europe on her own bike!
Can reccomend Annecy, a lovely campsite about half way up the lake overlooking it,got there one year and did'nt bother going any further. Brittanny Ferries have got discounts til Jan 31st. :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Sorry guys, you're missing my point, it's a 600 mile trip to the southern ferries which I hate, also £100 per bike for fuel to go south and back. That's why I prefer DFDS from Newcastle, one day run down, night on the boat, next day Holland! Next day Germany!
I'd use the tunnel every time if I stayed in the SE.
Bonus is I can head off up Speyside for a quick run today and come spring Cape Wrath's only a few hrs away! Ullapool for supper then home in time for a dram! Plusses and minuses, considering I don't even have to lock my bikes up a night, I'd not swap here with the south of England but it does pose problems for Euro touring.
Honda, the power of dreams.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Yeah sorry ;) considering the savings the £300 doesn;t sound so bad ;)
Touring France Some Useful Central Massif Touring Routes...

Ride Reports places we have been and things we have seen...
herman

Post by herman »

And what's wrong with the M3/M27 area I may ask?.... Image Ummmm , oh yes I remember. :(
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
crowitch

Post by crowitch »

im up for it again love that ride
africajim

Post by africajim »

Well, that's the tickets booked! £391 for both bikes, and en-suite room return from Newcastle to Ijmiuden! We're going to the Stella!!

We sail on the Sunday 3rd and return on Saturday the 15th.

Ok. Koblenz Monday night, not sure Tuesday or Wednesday, Thursday Annecy, Friday Val Disere, Bardonnechia Saturday Sunday, head home Monday, route unsure but Ijmiuden on Friday! Hopefully see some of you en-route or at Bokki camping. Bring it on!
Honda, the power of dreams.
Fairbanks

Stella Alpina

Post by Fairbanks »

I googled into your forum because I was looking for a hotel at Bardonecchia to stay at for the 2011 event. I've been trying to book into a hotel but they all seem to be booked up. Any suggestions?

Thanks
fionaann

Re: Stella Alpina

Post by fionaann »

Hiya, have you got a tent? me and my boyfriend africajim are taking our bikes to the stella, we will be camping at bokki camping, :cheer:
Life is for living so go out there and live it, have fun, be happy.
Jayrob

Post by Jayrob »

My local TRF where talking of this for this year, i`ve not booked anything so keeping an eye on this one

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”