Adventure Overland Show 17/18 Sept 2022 Stratford upon Avon UK

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Brenhden

Re: Adventure Overland Show 17/18 Sept 2022 Stratford upon Avon UK

Post by Brenhden »

Barcelona Pat wrote: ↑Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:20 pm Flying back in next Friday to pick up Idris after the summer and ride it back home. Ferry booked for Sunday 18th, so makes sense to swing by this show for a couple of days.

If you are around, keep an eye out and say hi. CanΒ΄t imagine there will be that many red Teneres with Spanish plates in the camp site!

Pat

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipO ... cRNBH26vVF

Will do, likewise I doubt there will be many rusty, little old Djebels there either.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

I will be there with my old girl !!!
IMG_3826.JPG
IMG_3826.JPG (354.14 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
knobblywobbly

Post by knobblywobbly »

Barcelona Pat wrote: ↑Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:20 pm CanΒ΄t imagine there will be that many red Teneres with Spanish plates in the camp site!

Pat
Just changed my Caponord back from Spanish to English plates. A hell of a lot easier than the other way round!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Unfortunately 'grandparent' duties scuppered our plans to camp for the weekend but I did manage to get there for half a day on Saturday and it was great to meet up with a few forum folk and put faces to names 8-) .
From the short time I spent there it looked to be a really broad spectrum of people with many different methods of travel from cyclists/motorcyclists/vanlifers/motorhomes to great big 4x4 military type trucks without being overran with 'corporate' displays. It was a really chilled out 'vibe' with really interesting people doing things their own way, it definitely revived my post Covid lethargy towards getting out there and grabbing it. If I'm honest it was the free entry to bikes that attracted me to the event but next year I would be happy to pay.
A bonus was that I got to test my bike out ready for our upcoming Ireland trip, so let's book the ferry and pack the waterproofs.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Looks to be my sort of thing.... I really don't go for the big, corporate type of thing either (no disrespect to the ABR thing - as always, it's horses for courses), plus I'm interested in more than just travel by m/cycle. However, as said in another thread, we're currently in Europe with the outfit, so doing the overland event will have to wait! Pic from yesterday, just before entering the amazing Verdon Gorge.... the drop to the lake is actually 100 metres or so but the pic doesn't give a clue on this.
Attachments
20220917_153835.jpg
20220917_153835.jpg (156.92 KiB) Viewed 2241 times
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Tonibe63 wrote:Unfortunately 'grandparent' duties scuppered our plans to camp for the weekend but I did manage to get there for half a day on Saturday and it was great to meet up with a few forum folk and put faces to names 8-) .
From the short time I spent there it looked to be a really broad spectrum of people with many different methods of travel from cyclists/motorcyclists/vanlifers/motorhomes to great big 4x4 military type trucks without being overran with 'corporate' displays. It was a really chilled out 'vibe' with really interesting people doing things their own way, it definitely revived my post Covid lethargy towards getting out there and grabbing it. If I'm honest it was the free entry to bikes that attracted me to the event but next year I would be happy to pay.
A bonus was that I got to test my bike out ready for our upcoming Ireland trip, so let's book the ferry and pack the waterproofs.
Was good to meet you Tony, and other like minded folk in the bike field. Good event, especially at the price!

Had a great run down to Plymouth today, perfect weather for rolling through A and B roads.

Must say todays ferry to Santander has the largest group of bikers ive seen on the boat. Car park was a bit like an ABR bash! Wonder if it is a post-Covid thing inspiring so many to get back out there. Good to see.

Take care all, see you in a field sometime!

Pat

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

knobblywobbly wrote: ↑Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:17 pm Hi folks,
In an effort to get more adventure bikes going to this show, the organisers are offering bikes free tickets - up to 3 nights camping and 2 days entry to the show. I don't suppose there'll be too much bike related stuff, but it may be interesting all the same. Details can be found here:

https://adventure-overland-show.com/

Go to book tickets, pick bike and there's no cost. I've got my ticket - maybe I'll see some of you there.
Big thanks for letting us know about this mate. Nice to meet you too although on the bike and with earplugs!

Now to research warmer/smaller sleeping bags...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ

Return to β€œMEETS & RUNS”