Southern softies...?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
HedgeHopper

Re: Southern softies...?

Post by HedgeHopper » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:34 pm

NT
Last edited by HedgeHopper on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
mark vb

Post by mark vb » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:29 pm

I recall some nice XRV rideouts down south, a good one around Kent from Wrotham ending up at the Dungeness chippie via Rye, plus 'London Calling', and the best one from Lowestoft to Dingle via Holyhead :) I wonder where are all the XRV characters who attended; folks move on I suppose. May be up for one if at the right time/place (for me).
2002 XRV750+Ural www.sidecaramerica.com
1998 XRV750
1990 XRV750
2013 XT660Z

byewayrider

Post by byewayrider » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:41 pm

Dont forget wiltshire as we have the best countryside and most byeways....not to firget them lovely cake shops :D
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider

soho

Post by soho » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm

mark vb wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:29 pm
I recall some nice XRV rideouts down south, a good one around Kent from Wrotham ending up at the Dungeness chippie via Rye, plus 'London Calling', and the best one from Lowestoft to Dingle via Holyhead :) I wonder where are all the XRV characters who attended; folks move on I suppose. May be up for one if at the right time/place (for me).
ELEVEN years ago ! Ahh !,that's going back a bit. ;) .........Bob, Barf', Stormforce, Vader from here. With others who've moved along on life's different avenues.
https://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-repo ... -pics.html

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Isnt Varder up in the north east now?... Xrv was a great forum but like many its changed for the worse...

boboneleg

Post by boboneleg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:38 pm

soho wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm
mark vb wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:29 pm
ELEVEN years ago ! Ahh !,that's going back a bit. ;) .........Bob, Barf', Stormforce, Vader from here. With others who've moved along on life's different avenues.
https://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-repo ... -pics.html
Them were the days, bring back the mullet I say :lol:
one-legged adventurer

Cone

Post by Cone » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:42 pm

This must be part of the problem....

I thought someone was going to arrange a ride out for us southern softies instead you’re reminiscing over past times :shock: :shock:
;)

soho

Post by soho » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:00 pm

Cone wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:42 pm
This must be part of the problem....

I thought someone was going to arrange a ride out for us southern softies instead you’re reminiscing over past times :shock: :shock:
;)
That's 'cause some of us can't ride as well as we used to :D I can't even ride an AT in the mud these days. (anyway's... when you you leave this life for whatever's next, the only thing you'll be able to take is 'memories' ! 8-)

soho

Post by soho » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Tramp wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:20 pm
Isnt Varder up in the north east now?... Xrv was a great forum but like many its changed for the worse...
He was the first person I bumped in to at Ragley Hall Russ. He cooked up one of his famous lamb curries from one pannier and liquids supplied from his cold bar in the other ! :)
XRV ? Things evolve, some don't....it ain't worth a toss now, shame.

michaelmy

Post by michaelmy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:22 am

Tramp wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:21 pm
Okay now the dummies have been thrown...as i originally said its a shame us along the south coast from Dorest to East sussex cant organise a day out on the back roads taking in either a cafe or cake shop ot both :lol: ...

I aint going up Salisbury plain as well its boring this time of year just a hard dust bowel...we have loomies and Rhykers cafe and Alton train station too...but surely their are other establishment worth a visit....

Please dont post condescending comments im trying to be nice :D
Hi Tramp / Russ

Been a long time, since i joined you on the plain - you're right it is dusty right now!
I am often out on my GS from London - did Guildford to Alton lanes last Saturday
May be out from Rykkas on Saturday or again down to Hampshire
Michaelmy in London

BMW GS LC Rallye, BMW HP2E (for sale), KTM 500 6 days, Honda Monkey,

supporting TRF, Rallymoto events, MCC Long Distance Trials

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”