And The 'MODS' have it !... (still)

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
soho

And The 'MODS' have it !... (still)

Post by soho »

Went for an early swim this morning and Carnaby St was quieter than a broke dick dog ! When I came out of the pool though this lot were out in force and they truly were the originals. All these guys were pushing 70 and still living the life. Back in the day I'd have been racing about on my little Ducati 160 Monza , ( which my dad sold to the milk man when I got my chopped Matchless :lol: ) Both bikes long since gone but these blokes have gone the distance, many with their original rides. I'm no scooter fan (I did have an NSU150) but I do admire the old boys for staying true to it all.
IMG_2129.jpg
IMG_2129.jpg (205.07 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
IMG_2127.jpg
IMG_2127.jpg (216.06 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
IMG_2133.jpg
IMG_2133.jpg (247.41 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
soho

Re: And The 'MODS' have it !... (still)

Post by soho »

IMG_2126.jpg
IMG_2126.jpg (199.13 KiB) Viewed 4863 times
IMG_2130.jpg
IMG_2130.jpg (228.02 KiB) Viewed 4863 times
IMG_2132.jpg
IMG_2132.jpg (199.4 KiB) Viewed 4863 times
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Thanks

They really aren't my cup of tea,

But it is just nice to see group of like minded souls out and about for jolly on two wheels no matter what they are.

There is still an annual scooter rally on the Isle of Wight.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

soho wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:47 pm Went for an early swim this morning and Carnaby St was quieter than a broke dick dog ! When I came out of the pool though this lot were out in force and they truly were the originals. All these guys were pushing 70 and still living the life. Back in the day I'd have been racing about on my little Ducati 160 Monza , ( which my dad sold to the milk man when I got my chopped Matchless :lol: ) Both bikes long since gone but these blokes have gone the distance, many with their original rides. I'm no scooter fan (I did have an NSU150) but I do admire the old boys for staying true to it all.
IMG_2133.jpg
It's behind you! Where? Look in your mirror(s) :lol:
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

zimtim wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 3:13 pm Thanks

They really aren't my cup of tea,

But it is just nice to see group of like minded souls out and about for jolly on two wheels no matter what they are.

There is still an annual scooter rally on the Isle of Wight.
Indeed there are many Scooter rallies throughout the year often at traditional seaside towns, a bloke at work in his mid 50's spends many weekends away on his.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Iconic British youth fashion/cultural scene of the 60's. Enjoyed a mass revival in the 80's, but for some it's always been around.
I think it's a great look and the scooters are fantastic.
I bet they all voted for Brexit.
I had a Vespa and a Lambretta in the 80's, alongside some four cylinder Kawasaki's.
I didn't overly adopt the fashion, but I went to a couple of rallies.
It was great fun being a "Scooter Boy" for a day, riding to a rally in an unruly mob, virtually closing down town centres as we passed through in our hundreds.
Italy1

Post by Italy1 »

Piaggio ever the best...…..maybe slightly biased :-) never knock a Vespa down my dad used to commute from Tuscany to Germany one an old vespa back in the 50's...…

I wasn't built for one but I have to say they look cool and every time I see a bunch of them on the road I imagine Jimmy Cooper is still out there …. ;)
Brads

Post by Brads »

Awesome things

I have 4 scooters and a couple of original parkas.

Still a massive scene. To the point where my scooter club has members at 3 separate events last weekend.

Also bare in mind that a top original Lambretta, say a TV 175 s2 or a TV200 s3 can be worth way over 10k.

Awesome things. Here's mine

Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”