Guided trail riding day, Sweetlamb, 7th September.

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Mad Hatter

Guided trail riding day, Sweetlamb, 7th September.

Post by Mad Hatter »

Evening all, I was up at sweetlamb last weekend while the nav event was on and realised we've never done a forum meet there, or at least not as an actual forum meet.

So I had a chat and we had a look through the calendar and got them to reserve a date for us for a guided trail day, if there's enough interest that is. The trails around the complex are awesome and incredibly varied so this can be tailored for everything from 150 road legal enduro bikes to big beasty 1200gs's.

It's the Saturday as they're already running a forest ride on the Sunday but we'd be fine running a forest ride but we'd be alright camping or staying in the bunkhouse on the Saturday and the usual BBQ would be put on.

So the skinny is £75 for the days guided riding, £30 a night for the bunkhouse including breakfast, £15 a night for camping and I'll check in if breakfast is included in that or free to kip in you're van but breakfast not included in that.

The Sunday is separate and would be another £75 for the day but this is for access to forestry that isn't normally accessable.

Please note this isn't me advertising for sweetlamb this is me trying to set a meet up for us using their bunkhouse and trail guide.

Random photo somewhere around there for interest :lol:
IMG_20180528_103355.jpg
IMG_20180528_103355.jpg (74.05 KiB) Viewed 7419 times
herman

Re: Guided trail riding day, Sweetlamb, 7th September.

Post by herman »

Awesome place to play that. A bit too far off for me to commit but I would love to, ta muchly 8-)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Wormick

Post by Wormick »

I might be interested and do a bit camping , good price that
AdventureDisco

Post by AdventureDisco »

This sounds tempting, it's a maybe from me at the moment, when is a firm commitment needed by?
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Sorry guys I was away with the Mrs and the dog this weekend and did t have any signal.

I've confirmed the £15 camping does include breakfast, normally a fry up to start the day off well or for me to clear the hangover on a Sunday morning :lol:

Like Herman said it is an awesome place to ride and it's a good bunch of guys who are always up for a laugh and a chat about bikes, that's why I keep going back.

I'm guessing they'd prefer confirmation sooner rather than later, it's a busy year for them with the new KTM school as well, but I'll ask on when the cut off will be. They'll probably just throw the weekend open to everyone else of we don't fill it so it wouldn't be the end of the world just not an ABR meet.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Right I thought I'd leave it u til after the festival to bump this so it was a bit closer to the time and people had a chance to meet the sweetlamb team.

So any one fancy it, if not I'll give them the date back and go camping with the Mrs instead :lol:
prg4967

Post by prg4967 »

I e always fancied going to Sweetlamb but £75 plus £15 for camping sounds a bit expensive for a days trail riding..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

prg4967 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:41 am I e always fancied going to Sweetlamb but £75 plus £15 for camping sounds a bit expensive for a days trail riding..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed it's not the cheapest day on the bikes, but personally I think it's worth it. Each to their own though.

I'll leave it until Friday, if we haven't got a group together I'll let them know they can have the day back and get something else on.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

I did one of the easy Rallies there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.
It's a shame they don't do a sort of unguided pay to play thing there (I hate being guided) , I suppose the liability thing puts a dampener on that.
Its a trick............get an Axe
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Asgard wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:26 pm I did one of the easy Rallies there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.
It's a shame they don't do a sort of unguided pay to play thing there (I hate being guided) , I suppose the liability thing puts a dampener on that.
It is a shame but the place is massive, 6600 acres, and definitely easy to get lost, trust me on that one :?

Also a few old quarries and mine shafts and stuff about the place which could make life interesting.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”