Thanks Steve

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
daveuprite

Thanks Steve

Post by daveuprite »

Thanks Steve for a top day in the sun yesterday. Yes, 17 degrees and bright sun, blue cloudless sky etc - on the 18th February! Good company, great lasagne afterwards (thanks Debs) and well done for arranging the weather.

We had stupid crashes, whiplash branch injuries, a large flight of migrating cranes overhead, forests, fields, and even a detailed debate about cock-rings. It doesn't get better than that.

However the bikes seemed to be falling apart nearly as fast as the riders. All of us had some kind of mechanical issue, probably due partly to our throwing the bikes against the scenery time after time.

Phil managed to fall over the wrong side of his bike down an escarpment, pick the bike up and then repeat it perfectly 10 yards later. Hilarious :lol:

Apart from the comedy riding moments, my favourite bits of our days out are the surreal discussions we have during the breaks. I particularly liked the idea we came up with that if we all donated the few properly working body parts we still possess as a group, we might just be able to construct one half-decent rider, held together by cable-ties and gaffer tape. A kind of frankenstein greenlaner...

Got any pics to share Phil?
chunky butt

Re: Thanks Steve

Post by chunky butt »

Cheers Dave and the guys, great day, just a big laugh really, so lucky with the weather we even ate outside. Will start arm wrestling the panzer tonight. Suggest, Mont de blond next ? :D
Tramp

Re: Thanks Steve

Post by Tramp »

I didnt happen without pictures to prove it.... Some nutters for sure...

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”