Bruce Pollard Rally Not the Dragon!

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Biquad

Bruce Pollard Rally Not the Dragon!

Post by Biquad »

Hi and a Happy new year to all.

As the title reads, this year the Bruce Pollard Rally will be held on the Friday 8th Feb at the Giler Arms Nr Betws-y-Coed. I know that some fellow bikers will be attending and some will do the Friday evening and then go over to the Dragon for the Saturday evening.
There has in the previous years been an alternative meet for the Dragon, the Yorkshire Pig treffen, but this is not happening this year, I will not go in to details as to why some do not wish to go to the Dragon!
I have been in touch with a site in North Wales nr Conwy which I will be going to for the Saturday evening.
This place has ample camping, hard standing for bikes, has 10 available bunkhouse spaces, we can have braziers outside under cover, outside toilets and showers etc. There are plenty of shops and pubs very locally with takeaways!
I have a good relationship with this place as I have regularly used it for bike rallies.
I will be going to the bruce Pollard Rally on the Friday evening as I knew him very well. Bruce died of Moto neurone disease and the rally is in his commemoration and to rise funds for the the charity. (£10 and you get a badge!)
I will then decamp to this place and get some fires going for the Saturday evening, where if my tent is still dry I will camp or bunkhouse or just sleep underneath one of the rather large hay barns.
I have interest from some colleagues from the Thumper club and now ask if anyone else is interested to get this proposal underway, especially if anyone wants to have a bunk.

Obviously names and numbers ASAP

Cheers Steve
Biquad

Re: Bruce Pollard Rally Not the Dragon!

Post by Biquad »

I have been contacted by the site owner and can confirm that we can use the site for the Saturday evening. The bunkhouse is fully booked for the Friday evening.
I note that there have been over 100 views but no replies! Is the idea a non starter or are persons not able to commit yet?

Cheers Steve
devon john

Post by devon john »

sorry Steve i have a lot booked for February ,,2-3rd bristol classic bike show ,,,,,10th feb the Fred Hill Dartmoor prison run ,,then the overland winter warmer event 22nd-24th ,,

hope you can make the Malvern hills rally this year ,,you were missed at the Yule Tide ,
happy new year to you and yours

john
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Sorry Steve, not heading up to the Dragon this year. Usually do every other year for the variety 😜
Have a great time and hope the weather is good (snow instead of rain 😂)
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I am not doing the Dragon this year either but if you are doing the same sort of thing next year I would be interested.

Thanks for your efforts anyway.
one-legged adventurer
markoh

Post by markoh »

I'm interested. Please let me know the details.

Cheers
Mark
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

chris buddy and me have just done our first dragon rally, muddy does not describe it, never seen so many bikes go down ,incl chris, buddy and myself, stayed on anglesea on friday night should have done this rally, is it the same venue each year

steve
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

Yes, you can google it.

Steve
DavieB

Post by DavieB »

Hi Steve
I shall be at the Bruce Pollard do on the Friday evening along with a pal of mine.
I wondered if it was possible to stay until Sunday morning??
Alternatively there is that other place you mentioned which we could move to.
Any more info as yet.
Cheers
Dave
Apophis

Post by Apophis »

remember chaps I stayed there with two others a couple of years ago and there was some scrote trying to rob me on the Saturday night
so be vigilant :shock:
Every day is an adventure

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”