Taffy Dakar 2019

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Jak*

Taffy Dakar 2019

Post by Jak* »

Hi, does anyone know anything about the 2019 Taffy. Is it on? I can’t find the website. Someone told me that they had got to change the name as the organisers of the Dakar had objected. Obviously a number of competitors must have got confused last year and found themselves in a field with a bunch of pissed up Welsh people rather than being on a highly competitive rally in South America. To be honest if their planning and navigation was that bad they weren’t going to win anyway.
Cheers Jak
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Taffy Dakar 2019

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Jason (JaseXT) of this parish is one of the organisers...I'd drop him a pm.
Cone

Post by Cone »

Normally I think the tickets go on sales on the 1st jan. then you just have to fight through their IT systems to make a booking
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

its now called Taffy Drwg ..

https://www.taffydrwg.co.uk/
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Thanks, now I can go through my normal New Year’s routine of trying to buy the tickets after the whisky has run out.
If you haven’t been have a look at their website. It is a brilliant crack, certainly one of the highlights of the year.
Cheers Jak
jasext

Post by jasext »

Not sure whats happening guys, i am no longer involved , just keep checking website for any news
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

Forget the " Oh no its one minute past midnight on 1/1/ (fill in year) and there are only 3 tickets left at the Taffy D" you can buy them now as the site is open NOW . Choose your options well as there are different classifications now Bike n tent, bike trailer car tent, van Bike, day ticket, bike no tent, and so on, all priced differently. Bearing in mind the rather crowded nature of the camp site, in 2018, , something needed to be done to avoid the overcrowding. Hopefully this will help. Go for it guys.
Cone

Post by Cone »

steve the grease wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:57 pm Forget the " Oh no its one minute past midnight on 1/1/ (fill in year) and there are only 3 tickets left at the Taffy D" you can buy them now as the site is open NOW . Choose your options well as there are different classifications now Bike n tent, bike trailer car tent, van Bike, day ticket, bike no tent, and so on, all priced differently. Bearing in mind the rather crowded nature of the camp site, in 2018, , something needed to be done to avoid the overcrowding. Hopefully this will help. Go for it guys.

Anyone else here booked, money taken but no tickets emailed across.. the taffy website is normally bad for booking but think it’s got worse
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

Cone wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:18 pm
steve the grease wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:57 pm Forget the " Oh no its one minute past midnight on 1/1/ (fill in year) and there are only 3 tickets left at the Taffy D" you can buy them now as the site is open NOW . Choose your options well as there are different classifications now Bike n tent, bike trailer car tent, van Bike, day ticket, bike no tent, and so on, all priced differently. Bearing in mind the rather crowded nature of the camp site, in 2018 , something needed to be done to avoid the overcrowding. Hopefully this will help. Go for it guys.

Anyone else here booked, money taken but no tickets emailed across.. the taffy website is normally bad for booking but think it’s got worse
I'm sure normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, no ones going to get ripped off , it will be sorted sooner or later. Blah blah volunteers and all that lot. Oh Merry Christmas everybody.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Cone wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:18 pm Anyone else here booked, money taken but no tickets emailed across.. the taffy website is normally bad for booking but think it’s got worse
Yup, same here.
Just dropped an email to [email protected] with all the details of my booking PayPal ref and email address (different from my booking email address) and will await them to sort it out.
It appears it doesn't like Windows browsers very much seems to be built for Apple. One way of making things difficult for the majority of users who are windows or Android based.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”