Hardalpitour - Classic

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Magnon

Hardalpitour - Classic

Post by Magnon »

Anyone interested in teaming up. You’d need to be at the older end of the spectrum and enjoy a steady ride - and, by all accounts, have some extra lights! If I can get it together (minimum team is 3 riders) I’ll be riding my very heavily modded 1981 R80G/S. More info at https://www.over2000riders.com/en/viagg ... discovery/. 2019 details/dates not published yet as far as I can see.
pdwhyte75

Re: Hardalpitour - Classic

Post by pdwhyte75 »

What's older end of the spectrum.... I'm 43 used to ride motocross and have a 1150gs. Enjoy going to gym etc. And consider myself fit n healthy. This sounds like fun but not done it before....

Obviously I won't join you if.younare on smaller bikes wanting for faster times... as 1150 is a bit of a monster for quick offroading I guess.

Magnon

Post by Magnon »

You probably need to go to the gym to ride an 1150gs off road! I used to have one myself and the only off road I ever attempted ended in disaster.

The classic version is the less difficult tour of the three offered which I understand means less kilometres, less off road and less night time riding, so probably better suited to ordinary mortals riding overweight bikes. I know there are those out there who need to do the extreme tour on a 1200gs on bald road tyres and only dipped beam working :D but I’m not one of them
Wormick

Post by Wormick »

I might be up for this , 52 year old with ktm 950 , is it the September dates ? I’m just waiting to see if a mate is doing it , where are you based in the uk ?

Cheers mike
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

Hi Mike,

I live in France - a mere 8.5 hour trip from Sanremo where the Hardalpi starts.

A 950 Ktm would be ideal for this sort of trip from what I’ve seen. The tour runs in September but not sure of the dates for 2019 yet.

Teams of 3 or 4 can enter.
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

The dates for 2019 are 6th to 8th September. There aren’t many more details for the event but assuming it’s run along similar lines to this year’s then I think I’ll probably enter the Discovery class.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Never done anything like that, but it does look like good fun. Shame I sold my motorbike though.
I'll have to see what comes along in the spring :D
pdwhyte75

Post by pdwhyte75 »

I might be up for this. 43 with an 1150gs. Looking for folks with similar bikes to attempt this.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DanielS

Post by DanielS »

I'm tempted as well, perhaps the Classic route and on my G650 which I think will be eligible based on my Google translate of the site.
ScottHeyden

Post by ScottHeyden »

On my to do list, but always seem to be offshore when it’s on.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”