Dover to Salisbury TET ride

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Oblix

Dover to Salisbury TET ride

Post by Oblix »

Seems like better weekend weather this weekend, gonna hit this section of the UK TET, starting Sat morning from Dover to Chichester(180 miles), camp sat night, then do Chichester to Salisbury(150 miles) Sunday before heading back to essex sunday late afternoon.

I’m hoping this section will have less gates than the Wales TET! And it seems to have 85% roadwork, so i’m assuming i’ll cover more miles per day than usual.

I’ll be on my 701, and dont have luggage yet, so will most likely only travel with a tent and a toothbrush in my backpack.

Pointers or fellow adventurers welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Stewie

Re: Dover to Salisbury TET ride

Post by Stewie »

Not many gates at all, but as said quite a bit of road. I would be tempted to run futher north and head west along the North downs, but then it wouldn't be the TET route... :o
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

It will be very overgrown and slippy after recent rains and heavy dew...bedt of luck bit ambitious on mileage but ha ho your ride.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Im gutted not to be joining you! but will be heading off for some late sun lol.. I agree with the ambitious mileage but you do like an iron butt challenge don't you hahahaha. Good luck mate see you soon :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Have a great ride. Would like to see some pics if poss.

Must say, it's a bit disappointing that this section of the TET contains so much roadwork. Personally I wouldn't be that happy for a day of off-roading to involve only 15% of trails. I know it's a cross-continent route and it doesn't have to be all dirt, but anyone can string together a load of tarmac to get across Europe - the real challenge is to do it off-road.
Jaystevens1971

Post by Jaystevens1971 »

Hi Oblix

Me and my mate are doing Salisbury plains on Sunday, we are staying in area from Saturday till Monday, we are not really TET equipped as we are on a 1200gs and a 310gs but stop and say hello if you see us. We are also from Essex ... must be a jolly boys outing 😂
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I hope you have a great ride, the amount of tarmac wouldn't worry me as long as it's all back roads. Let's be fair, some of our back roads are in a worse state than the trails :D
one-legged adventurer
herman

Post by herman »

Might bump into you in the Meon valley on the Sunday, Stop for a TTr and an old exc if you see us. 8-)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Thanks dudes,

I’m currently cataloguing the uk tet onto Video so that the big bikes and small bikes can align themselves with expectations to the offroad lanes complexities. I need dry conditions or else the gopro footage works.

I’ll paste the details here when catalogued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Your getting out and doing it which is the main thing, hope you enjoy and have good weather to boot. :D

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”