ABR Yule Tide rally 7th -8th -9th December 2018

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
AdventureDisco

Re: ABR Yule Tide rally 7th -8th -9th December 2018

Post by AdventureDisco »

Let's see if we can get more people along, spread the word folks, more riding, less talking about riding. Just saying :)
vermin

Post by vermin »

I'll be down, also interested in off road ride need to get the new Fantic dirty.
devon john

Post by devon john »

AdventureDisco wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:22 am Let's see if we can get more people along, spread the word folks, more riding, less talking about riding. Just saying :)
just for interest with the Ecky Thump rally lots of talk and over 2000hits yet only 10 turned up from this site ,,,,

starting to think is it worth all the effort to organise these event ,,, will see what happens at this rally

john
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Well, not a good start to organising it if the violin comes out seeking guilt trips to Devon in December weather!

I would have expected a more calculated rally organisation using proven methods of communications, whats next everyone shouting at those who do arrive for not raising enough for charity?

Cmon, lets grow this thing positively, with a professional approach, talk to the adventure of-it after all this is the adv riders forum right?

Ohh, feel free to delete this once read and feedback taken onboard, i for one am looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
devon john

Post by devon john »

Oblix wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:55 pm Well, not a good start to organising it if the violin comes out seeking guilt trips to Devon in December weather!

I would have expected a more calculated rally organisation using proven methods of communications, whats next everyone shouting at those who do arrive for not raising enough for charity?

Cmon, lets grow this thing positively, with a professional approach, talk to the adventure of-it after all this is the adv riders forum right?

Ohh, feel free to delete this once read and feedback taken onboard, i for one am looking forward to it.

i know will be fine as i have a good group turning up from other groups and clubs,,

it just seems the old ABR lads have dropped off a little ,, i have been running this rally now 6yrs and is successful,

and has a loyal following of great people,,

will be good to meet you Obix,, by the way the weather is normal great in December ,,and the site is easy access from main roads

john
Cone

Post by Cone »

I’m coming! Just toying with the idea of borrowing my old mans camper and wimping our on the ride down!
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Cone wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:16 pm I’m coming! Just toying with the idea of borrowing my old mans camper and wimping our on the ride down!
Its a bike rally not a camper and bike rally. Grow some.
I'm not sure if I'll make it, just got a new job.
My two mates from last year are still up for it.
I will try and get hold of them to confirm as soon as.
Kin new job, my 990 hasn't turned a wheel since the KTM rally in Italy in June/july. Now that is worrying :o
devon john

Post by devon john »

just to add its a motorcycle rally ,, and not suitable for camper vans etc ,,

anyone that has a medical problem please contact me

or anyone coming a long distance and riding a off road bike to take part in the off road ride ,please contact me if you want to trailer it down ,,

john
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Cone wrote:I’m coming! Just toying with the idea of borrowing my old mans camper and wimping our on the ride down!
I recently did 98miles on my husky to Dover, that seat killed me, i’m not surprised you wanna van-it

Cone

Post by Cone »

Oblix wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:24 am
Cone wrote:I’m coming! Just toying with the idea of borrowing my old mans camper and wimping our on the ride down!
I recently did 98miles on my husky to Dover, that seat killed me, i’m not surprised you wanna van-it

7A154003-66D6-4DCA-8212-A67EAF1F1D94.jpeg
7A154003-66D6-4DCA-8212-A67EAF1F1D94.jpeg (134.09 KiB) Viewed 3056 times
Home made concept seat, by the way I’m in a fb group with a chap looking to place a bulk order to concept seats! See if there’s any efficiency there.

It’s not the seat that scares me but the cold. I’m a wimp

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”