Wales TET 19 - 22 July

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Oblix

Wales TET 19 - 22 July

Post by Oblix »

I’ll be doing this wales TET on my 701 if anyone’s keen on joining this mini adventure

This is the current planned sections per day :- if anyone's interested, shout, I'll send the TET gps files for each leg, we'll travel luggage free each day as the mrs will drive the campervan point to point

Thursday 19 July
TET Wales Leg1
Distance = 127 miles
Monmouth 09:30 to Glyn-Neath

Fri 20 July
TET Wales Leg2
Distance = 112 miles
Glyn-Neath to Ponterwyd

Sat 21 July
TET Wales Leg3
Distance = 95 miles
Ponterwyd to Porthmadog

Sunday 22 July
TET Wales Leg4
Distance = 127 miles
Porthmadog to Whitchurch

I’ll have space for 1 additional bike to get from whitchurch back to monmouth( if your still parked at monmouth)

I’ve booked caravan sites at each of the locations.. more details of-course if anyone’s interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
dibbs

Re: Wales TET 19 - 22 July

Post by dibbs »

would love to do this mate but will be on holls! have fun.
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

I was planning to ride some of leg 3 that weekend anyway... Be cool to meet up for a few sections if you like (if you're handy on the 701 i know a few bits of really fub singletrack that branch off your route too) :)

Just a heads up that if its wet the bastard loop up round mach/aberdovey/tywyn can take a few hours by itself... It takes some work to get a 701 up the rockface section if damp! Unloaded you should be fine...
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

MudFing wrote:I was planning to ride some of leg 3 that weekend anyway... Be cool to meet up for a few sections if you like (if you're handy on the 701 i know a few bits of really fub singletrack that branch off your route too) :)

Just a heads up that if its wet the bastard loop up round mach/aberdovey/tywyn can take a few hours by itself... It takes some work to get a 701 up the rockface section if damp! Unloaded you should be fine...
Ooo,
Sounds like i should put knobblies on or even do the 350 for that section

MudFing

Post by MudFing »

Oblix wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:11 pm
MudFing wrote:I was planning to ride some of leg 3 that weekend anyway... Be cool to meet up for a few sections if you like (if you're handy on the 701 i know a few bits of really fub singletrack that branch off your route too) :)

Ooo,
Sounds like i should put knobblies on or even do the 350 for that section

Don't think I'd try the bastard loop (part of the TET up near aberdovey) on road tyres...hard enough to get up the waterfall section etc with knobblies on. But it's a beautiful part of the world, let me know your plans if you like, happy to show you where the shortcuts/single track sections are.

The pics below are from that very section a few weeks ago.

Oblix

Wales TET 19 - 22 July

Post by Oblix »

Hmm, i certainly dont wanna do that boulder on africa twin... but got the 701 for the TET : end to end, this might as well prove if it’s a good fit or not

Cone

Post by Cone »

Id love to join you on my 701 but sadly the misus wants to go camping.. Shame as I'm located in Monmouth :evil:
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Cone wrote:Id love to join you on my 701 but sadly the misus wants to go camping.. Shame as I'm located in Monmouth :evil:
Indeed.. just think of all that dirt with ur name on it.. i’ll go-pro it and tease u with it

Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Here’s the gopro footage (just highlights) from the 4 days it took to complete the wales TET

MudFing

Post by MudFing »

Nice vid, Strata Florida is as dry as I've ever seen it, we were down that way too - water crossings were really low!

That bit up the mach-loop is a bitch in the wet, props on just riding straight up it! 8-)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”