camping weekend

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
shep

camping weekend

Post by shep »

Am i right in thinking this group did a camping weekend some years back just outside of Salisbury? .
Seem to remember 20 or so bikes and a couple of ride outs over the plains.

if i am correct and it was this group any plans todo it again.?
Tramp

Re: camping weekend

Post by Tramp »

Yes you are correct normally in August... Was either lymington or salisbury... But the event died like most others on here....

When where you thinking of?... Im local and helped out in past...
herman

Post by herman »

If someone wants to organise camping, I am local like Tramp so will go home to a nice comfy bed thank you, then I can sort a ride out too. I can do a long day which folks can dip in and out of from Winchester , the Droves, Plain, etc . Last time I did that loop it was 185 miles on the exc. All ok on a big bike if dry as I have done them on the S10 and XTR.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Funnily enough I was only thinking today about the big runs we used to have over Salisbury plain such as viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3369&hilit=zimtim
Now you have trouble getting even a small ride togather
Isn't it about time we organised another bike ride out and give the noobies a taster of the plain
shep

Post by shep »

I remember the camp site was in Salisbury , i will scoop it out the weekend, it had a small stream running by it and was 20 minutes or so from the trails.
Cone

Post by Cone »

I’m in?
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

okay....the original weekend was based at lymington which was huge and noisy and far from the trails....the later boils :lol: where held at a rugby club on outskirts of salisbury.....i used to host and run small weekend mees regularly years ago based near pewsey which was central to the plain and other better easy going routes with scenic views.....

I honestly think early july before the kids take over is best ...all the trails are big bike friendly even for folks looking for a introduction to trail riding without the pressure of the nutters lol.....there are plenty of campsites in the area...

between myself and herman we know most of the trails in hampshire and wiltshire...and we can sort out a good days ride both back roads and trails..

so if folks speak up we can organise something....small groups best ...

i would go even further and if a small group wanted to do a weekend trail riding and wildcamping along the trails its possible meet point winchester or sailsbury taking in the droves and plain and the fosseway...nowt daft or heros please
herman

Post by herman »

All good after the midlands rally on 6th to 8th July. .
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
shep

Post by shep »

Well looks like i may have opened a can of worms i am glad to say, but if it gets avfew of use togeather out riding then i for one will happy to help if required in the planning, july sounds good, as off to a HUB meeting in Switzerland in August,
and might try a bit more of the French TET before hand.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

I'd be up for a ride out after the KTM Rally

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”