*** cancelled***Warwickshire/Northants Run - Sunday 11th September... ***Cancelled***

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
-Ralph-

Re: Warwickshire/Northants Run - Sunday 11th September

Post by -Ralph- »

Cool thanks. I could have got the TRO thing wrong (it's from hazy memory, I haven't checked), and I think the one's I'm thinking of are Northants, but on the Warks side of the M1, like around Dodford, Moreton Pinkney, kind of areas.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

No all those Byways stay open now to walkers, horseriders, cyclists and motorcyclist (side gates get left open) all year around.
This is thanks to South Northants TRF's hard work.
Only been in the last 3-4 years, before it was as you said shut oct-april.
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Ignore me I'm talking nonsense! (nothing new there! ;-) ) it's the Northampton side of the M1, and into Bedfordshire as well, where there are some no vehicles TRO's from 01 OCT - 30 APR. The Warks side the TRO's don't affect motorcycles.

EDIT - Posts crossed, you were checking it same time as me ;)
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

:laugh:
Yes , sadly Beds shut for a few months and some of the east Northants.
Still have a lot around cambridgeshire though. Not sure what they are doing about the ones around Grafham this winter though.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

'Is everyone still in for Sunday? '

Yep looking forward to it,
need to change fork seal and tyre on the ttr but should be ready.

cheers
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Sorry, I'm out.

I thought my sons birthday party was Saturday, but I've just been told it's Sunday. So I need to stand in my kitchen, feed, water and talk to a load of parents I don't know and won't talk to again until next year, and watch a mob of their spoilt little kids wreck my house, then afterwards help my wife tidy up.

Boo! I'd definately rather be laning!
Domsday

Warwickshire/Northants Run - Sunday 11th September

Post by Domsday »

Sandy lane and Three Shires way near Grafham have a seasonal TRO running from October for both cars and bikes :(
KTM '08 990 Adventure

KTM '03 450 EXC
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Tyrant68 wrote::laugh:
Yes , sadly Beds shut for a few months and some of the east Northants.
Still have a lot around cambridgeshire though. Not sure what they are doing about the ones around Grafham this winter though.
I'll be heading out around north Bedfordshire again on Saturday if anyone fancies a ride out. I'll probably do the lanes from Thurleigh out towards Riseley then Swineshead and on to Grafham, head back and finish up towards Sharnbrook then Bozeat if anyone is interested. It's about a 70 mile round trip and I usually force myself to stop for a beer somewhere along the way.

Morning or afternoon makes no difference to me because the wife will be out all day so I've got nobody there to influence my decision making process.
Ansell

Post by Ansell »

Any space for me? I have rare spare weekend :)
KTM Adventure 2008
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

More than welcome.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”