Anyone around Bristol/Taunton next weekend?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Mad Hatter

Re: Anyone around Bristol/Taunton next weekend?

Post by Mad Hatter »

Jersey87 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:45 pm I live in Taunton and would be up for going out for a road ride (as I'm still to scout out the lanes round here) but it all depends on whether I can get the bike back together by the weekend... :?

Were you thinking Saturday? I'm on shift all day Sunday.
You wouldn't by any chance be the guy from Jersey with the gsa800 (I think) who I keep getting absolutely paraletic at bike rallies with but who's name I can never remember would you? :lol:

But either way, preferably off road but I'm easy either way. I mainly need an excuse to get away from all the kids and some seat time on my new KTM. Saturday could work for me as long as it wasn't the crack of dawn as I probably won't be getting down there on the Friday night until about midnight.
Jersey87

Post by Jersey87 »

That'd be me! Same again at the Midlands rally this year? :lol:

Like I say, happy to go out for a spin if the bike's working. Not much local lane knowledge though. Perhaps someone else on here can help out in that respect? :idea:

And a later start sounds fine to me - gives me time to get over any potential Friday night hangover.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Jersey87 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm That'd be me! Same again at the Midlands rally this year? :lol:

Like I say, happy to go out for a spin if the bike's working. Not much local lane knowledge though. Perhaps someone else on here can help out in that respect? :idea:

And a later start sounds fine to me - gives me time to get over any potential Friday night hangover.
How do mate its been a while :lol:

No Midlands for me this year unfortunately, I'm doing the Rydale round in the atrc thing.

I've got to get this KTM back together before then but just need seat time on it really after that. I'm happy to grab some maps of you want to explore :lol:
Jersey87

Post by Jersey87 »

Right. Went out for a 30 mile ride today and nothing has fallen off the bike so I'll take that as a sign that it's good to go. 8-)

Will have a look at the maps tonight. Happy to just make it up as we go on Saturday of course.

Let me know what your plans are mate.

Cheers
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Jersey87 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:39 pm Right. Went out for a 30 mile ride today and nothing has fallen off the bike so I'll take that as a sign that it's good to go. 8-)

Will have a look at the maps tonight. Happy to just make it up as we go on Saturday of course.

Let me know what your plans are mate.

Cheers
Very annoyingly going to have to rain check mate :oops:

Something about buggering off early and it being my nephew's birthday. Apparently his owners, I mean parents, might take it the wrong way.

Or so the Mrs tells me :lol:
Jersey87

Post by Jersey87 »

:lol: No worries mate, I understand.

Give me a shout next time you're down this way

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”