West Wales Weekend ABR Rally 2018

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Re: West Wales Weekend ABR Rally 2018

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Den TeeDiem wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:57 am I have heard tell from some local riders that there are some good greenlane rides around the Brechfa Forest area
There are indeed. Been there on the Taffy Dakar, and as it's only about 60 miles from West Hook farm, it may be viable. Especially as the lanes are all clearly marked as to who can use each one. i.e. walkers, cyclists, motorcyclists, 4x4's etc., So you know where you can ride.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Den TeeDiem

Post by Den TeeDiem »

It's easily half hour closer than Strata Florida, maybe closer. I've also been looking on the OS maps and there's a few tracks around the route I'm planning, and around Newcastle Emlyn and Cenarth, including a couple of small fords. Not sure how viable it is for someone to link them all up but am planning to include a few roads I've found on next year's route.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Although unfortunately I'm unable to make this as I will be up in Scotland, I have given all my ABR mags to Al to be sold off for a donation to this year's chosen charity ( including the elusive Issue Number One). There will also be a dozen or so copies of Overland Magazine as well, so for a couple of quid into the charity tin , you can pick up any missing issues, or read up on some wonderful destinations. So that's Issue 1-46 of ABR magazine up for grabs, so if everyone just bought a couple, that's an extra £100 to the Hospice, all for the price of a pint :)
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

Hi Al
It’s not to long now till West wales bash so better get the tent sorted out as i need to get it waterproofed as I had a bit on a leak and need to sort it . And then camping gear put together check my petrol ⛽️ stove it ok as I had a problem with it in Bastogne in June . And then there is the bike it’s still with BMW having the repairs done after the off in July it should have been back with me on Wednesday/ Thursday but had a call to say it was almost ready BUT the fork leg they ordered was the wrong one and they have ordered another one from Germany that should be in by Tuesday after the bank holiday

Ta steve
big al

Post by big al »

That's right Steve not long now.
How come they ordered the wrong leg for your bike?. I've got some waterproof liquid down here if you want some. But I don't think your gonna need it cause I've had a word with the fella upstairs and he assured me it's gonna be dry.
Looking forward to going to the Flying boat museum in Pembroke to see the Sunderland.
Al
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

big al wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:54 amLooking forward to going to the Flying boat museum in Pembroke to see the Sunderland.
Nice one Al, I hadn't realised it was on the itinerary, and it's on the Saturday ride out route too (as near as damn it).
I see that there's a discount for groups of 10 or more, so if we have the numbers we can all save £2 to go to the charity auction in the evening. Win-win 😁
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Steev68

Post by Steev68 »

Hi Al! Just getting my panniers packed ready for the West Wales weekend and I'm running out of room, I've decided to leave the umbrella and raincoat at home so if you can just check that you ordered the good weather for the right weekend I'd be most grateful!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and hopefully you'll have the bike sorted by then Steve, and hopefully Norm has his little beastie sorted too!! :D
Steev68

Post by Steev68 »

big al wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:54 am
Looking forward to going to the Flying boat museum in Pembroke to see the Sunderland.
Al
I was looking at visiting that museum a couple of months back and according to the reviews the Sunderland was sent to RAF Hendon for restoration as they couldn't keep on top of it at Pembroke. Do they have another one now? Hope so, would love to see one!
Den TeeDiem

Post by Den TeeDiem »

I don't wish to disappoint people but there isn't a complete Sunderland at the museum and in fact the museum is more one of Pembroke Dock's military career. There is the only known surviving Mk1 Sunderland buried in the mud under the esturary which they are slowly bringing to the surface bit by bit and cleaning up.
It is worth popping into but don't expect too much!
Blind spot

Post by Blind spot »

Hi Al put me down for the craw on Saturday please I'll be down Friday evening thanks

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”