Riding buddies for the TET and in general.

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Mad Hatter

Riding buddies for the TET and in general.

Post by Mad Hatter »

Having a general look at the forum it seem like every man and his dog, myself included, wants to ride the TET or at least part of it and not all of us have regular riding partners and don't always want to be out on the trails in our own.

So I thought I'd kick a thread off for people to stick there names down on if they're doing it and want some company. Probably help to put a little bit about yourself/location/bike/ riding style etc to save on personality clashes and different riding styles (we've all been there :roll: )

Myself I'm looking for someone to ride it or bits of it with, I'm based in Wolverhampton so reasonably central and happy to head down to Bristol way over to Wales or a bit north. I drink, fart, camp and don't have a filter for swearing anymore but I can bodge a bike back to life nearly all the time :lol:
I tend to ride at a steady pace put can pick it up when I need to and I'm on a dr350. Looking at getting out in the spring probably for a day/night/weekend every three weeks, once I've sorted a couple of things on the bike.

Reading back through that it sounds a bit like a dating profile :o
Brenhden

Re: Riding buddies for the TET and in general.

Post by Brenhden »

Hi Hatter,

I'm going to be doing bits all through the year as well as two week long chunks the first of which will be the Southern section. I'll be in touch. I ride slow.

Cheers

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Brenhden wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:10 pm Hi Hatter,

I'm going to be doing bits all through the year as well as two week long chunks the first of which will be the Southern section. I'll be in touch. I ride slow.

Cheers

Bren
Sounds good to me mate
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

Girlfriend and I now live slap bang on the Mach to Tywyn section of the TET and have ridden most of the lanes in that area, so would be great to meet up with anyone planning on doing the Elan Valley to Barmouth sections. We have a jetwash and a barn full of spare parts too! :lol: :D ...Both ok riders, small cc bikes and 1 dog that runs alongside.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

I Will be looking to do the Welsh leg of the TET this year , based just north of Cheltenham , not a fast rider but capable of fixing most breakdowns if needed , will def get over to your area Jim be good to get a look at your pair of lightweight bikes , I will be on my little TTR 250 , Bob
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

TTR on tet, nice one Bob ;) ....proper bike to do it on, and ideal for it :D
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

id be up for abit of that ..ill keep me eye on the thread 8-)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Uncle Denz

Post by Uncle Denz »

I “only” have a 1200gs but would love a lighter bike if funds and the wife allow! If I manage to get a smaller bike I would be keen. I live in mid wales so can access many of the areas mentioned. Otherwise, anyone fancy a rideout on a bigger bike or is any of the TET in or near Wales doable on a bigger bike?
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Sounds like we've got plenty of interest for the Welsh leg then, I wonder if we could organise a mass Welsh tet ride out one weekend :?:
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Wouldn't mind it as a spring trip, will keep an eye on thread

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”