Riding buddies for the TET and in general.

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Mad Hatter

Re: Riding buddies for the TET and in general.

Post by Mad Hatter »

recon plane wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:55 pm Hi hatter
I'm based Wolverhampton also. Got KTM 500 and ride at any pace. Keep me in mine nearer the date. Personally wise . I'm from the midlands so what do you expect
There are a few of us about around here but for some reason not many of us ever get together, spud and Steve r do occasionally and I've been out with Steve a few times but he likes to ride mid week so that's me out now I've changed jobs.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Ssssssoooooo because I'm fairly stupid, and optimistic, I'm thinking of doing some of the Welsh TET on the 10th & 11th of February providing I've got the DR MOT'd and its not going to hammer it down all weekend.

Going to start at the Llangollen end as its closest to me, probably take a small tent and see if I can find somewhere discreet to sleep, or find a bunkhouse because its freezing :D
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

I will be in New Zealand all of Feb so good luck and enjoy :D
chubbyhooker

Post by chubbyhooker »

Sounds good Id be up for a welsh ride out in the spring , I’m on a 690 Rally bike I can keep up with most riders , I’ll keep my eye out for updates
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

chubbyhooker wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:40 pm Sounds good Id be up for a welsh ride out in the spring , I’m on a 690 Rally bike I can keep up with most riders , I’ll keep my eye out for updates
I've got to say mate I love your user name :lol:
daryl

Post by daryl »

Mad Hatter wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:52 pm Ssssssoooooo because I'm fairly stupid, and optimistic, I'm thinking of doing some of the Welsh TET on the 10th & 11th of February providing I've got the DR MOT'd and its not going to hammer it down all weekend.
I can't do that weekend, but would be up for a group TET ride at some point. I'm in Northamptonshire but happy to meet up pretty much anywhere, time allowing.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I will probably do some or all of wales tet at some time early in this year .. but would be from the south?
possibly to mid wales (I night camping?)
possibly to north wales (2 or 3 nights?)
..and back to south. (Pontypridd for me)
?

[its mostly road, by the looks, and my pace is `slow`.
(some would interpret `slow` as `pathetic` :) )
I usually pick a general `favourable` time,
then look out for the weather reports.]

. any thoughts?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

planning to do this with Cliff [matador] as we are both flexible as to time, to suit weather and circumstances, but others welcome, if you can meet the times.
MudFing

Post by MudFing »

If anyone's interested in doing the bits around Rhayader up to Aberdyfi/Dolgellau etc we now have an old barn you're welcome to stick the bikes in/park your van in. Hoping to get our bikes out again in the next few weeks (still very wet down here) but happy to meet up end of Feb onwards. 8-)
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Well I'm checking with the secretary to see if I've got anything on and if I can get a weekend pass :lol:

But if not I'm thinking of trying to get out the weekend of the 24th/25th, it'll be north to south because I'll be going straight from work on the Friday afternoon on the bike.

Atm that's as much of a plan as I've got though :D

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”