Salisbury Plain Pre xmas run

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
zimtim

Re: Salisbury Plain Pre xmas run

Post by zimtim »

Apologies guys
I was sorting this route whilst raising a glass and trying to stay in touch friends and family and keep up with the events that were unfolding in Zimbabwe

ACP pointed out a few issues with the tracking posted up.
Namely one section especially this time of year for big bikes will be no fun at all. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I also inadvertently put us through the middle of an army barracks :oops: :oops:

If any of you who have downloaded the route you are more than welcome to use in the future just be aware of the issues and adjust your ride accordingly
Thanks

We will post alternative route for the ride which I am sure will be more fun and muddier. Thanks to ACP.
See you all there :D
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

LOL. I just noticed it blows right through the middle of North Wilts Golf Club too!

It's worth pointing out that the posted GPX are for planning only, are not track logs and do not confer any right of way! ;) :) :D :lol:
herman

Post by herman »

Nope ....they are on my Garmin now so that is where I am going to ride so there. :twisted:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

wot a load of ruffnecks !! :lol:
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

herman wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm Nope ....they are on my Garmin now so that is where I am going to ride so there. :twisted:
Did you not spot the deliberate mistakes. :P
herman

Post by herman »

Head down arse up follow the line :D
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

~ACP~ wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:24 pm LOL. I just noticed it blows right through the middle of North Wilts Golf Club too!

It's worth pointing out that the posted GPX are for planning only, are not track logs and do not confer any right of way! ;) :) :D :lol:
At least golf balls bounce of us, and I thought the 19th hole would be a good place for a load of muddy ruffneck bikers stop for a spot of luncheon what. :)
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

Fore!
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Right so an update on the proposed possible routes/tracks we will take. it will be either one of these 2 or a combination of them both, the fluidity of the track will be subject to the weather conditions and course conditions and whether or not we are able to sneak past HM forces that may or may not be using the plain on parts that we wish to use. In which case as Herman says head down arse up and follow the line.

We are not the army so any man captured or shot will be left behind :D :D only after the appropriate amount of photos have been taken.

I have at great expense ( Bacon butty and a coffee) bribed an experienced ride leader to lead out for the day although there are enough of us and if my bribe doesnt work we may have to chip in for a slice of cake and cup of tea in the afternoon :P :P :P

Lets have a good one
Attachments
Track 045.gpx
(21.91 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Track 010.gpx
(456.7 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

So lets get this right....you organise a ride out then give duff routes :o ...then get someone else to lead so you can blame them :lol: ....

Id just ride around looking like you know where your going just dont stop at the same tree for a piss too often :lol: ....

Folks dont follow him too closely as he falls off lots :oops:

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”