Saturday muddy ride out around Alton,Hampshire

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Stewie

Re: Saturday muddy ride out around Alton,Hampshire

Post by Stewie »

Ksithumper wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 pm
Tramp wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:46 pm Okay...seems its a popular ride so we are provisionly Full....and lunch stop is the cafe in Alton by train station unless anyone knows of something better....

Im also tweaking the track to included some TeT tracks......
Better grub at Loonies cafe at West Meon, south of Alton , A32/A272 intersection. Fuel there too.
I must of been there on an off day then, as the name would suggest, it's hard to get Cheesy Chips wrong! but they managed :lol:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

okay for those going ...ive uploaded a extended gpx file :D ....ground is hard and the grass has been cut :lol: ...but there is some nice chalk :o and lots of tree roots and a bike wash for those requiring a mudd bath 8-)

see you all in the layby :roll: .....dont forget your cameras ....if its rained overnight it will be very interesting...
wonky update.gpx
(268.9 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Looking forward to th RR for this one Russ! Good luck all will be thinking about you. I will be bouncing round the Essex flatlands on 10th ! :D
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

well after torrential rain most of Friday the Brave and foolish..

thats me ,Acp and Wonkyconk.....arrived to a sunny morning at the meet point...Layby to you and me :lol: ...the mighty ktm660 Rallye was kicked into life....after a few persuasive words :roll: ...the trails were fast and flowing with rain water and glorious mud and slippy chalk..I did warn you Acp so down he went ;) ...onwards we bounced across gloroious north hampshire trails ....up waterylane which was surprisingly dry :o but did remind Wonkyconk of wye valley which is his normal area...

Huge thanks for making the effort to drive down :D ....we had lunch at the station cafe in Alton whos cheesy chips where anything but...[stewie would have sent them back :o ]

so onwards we rode some knarly trails then the rain arrived so on a overgrown rutted slippy trail..................yep i had a lie down in the hedge as usual :P :roll: ...well that knocked the gusto out of me so after a few more trails we headed back to the layby in torrential rain...I dont trail ride if i cant see where im going....

So till the next time...Acp has some pics ...and huge thanks for being leader and backmarker ...till Bon France
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG (180 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
herman

Post by herman »

Unfortunately the café was sold a little while back and whilst they have invested a bit in the building and menu their staff need a bit of training on occasion. The chances of getting a black coffee without milk in it are minimal and their maths can be a bit hit and miss shall we say. :( Glad you had a good ride out :D
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Bearrr

Post by Bearrr »

Damn, noticed it way too late :( I'll try next time for sure. I hope g650xchallenge won't be too "fat" for it?
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Not at all...just needs a good rider :o :lol: ....ust the gpx file by all means
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

Cheers fellas, really enjoyed it, I'll arrange something over this way in the future.
Thanks
Bearrr

Post by Bearrr »

Tramp wrote:Not at all...just needs a good rider :o :lol: ....ust the gpx file by all means
Good rider you say... get back to training then Image
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

Well, thanks for another entertaining ride again Tramp. Good to see you again Dayne.

Managed to dodge the rain for most of the day but it caught up with us in the end...

Here's some of the pics from the day.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”