northern france....how much

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Simon_100

Re: northern france....how much

Post by Simon_100 »

Tramp wrote:
Accomodation is the hurdle....suggestions please....this aint a piss up either as if your caught in france either riding or leading the group the penalty is high...
You could ask Roger, a really great biker who bought my Dnepr - he's got about a dozen and does tours of sorts with them! - and has a 'biker's break business with various accommodations.

He's based in central Brittany, 22480 Lanvrivain, so i's not too far from the Caen/Cherbourge ferries - and he gets discount fares for his clients! (thumbs)

Might even come along ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
bowber

Post by bowber »

I'm interested, all depends on price etc though.
Steve
herman

Post by herman »

It will be guided with a Tec, accommodation will be b and b style in Paul's house, secure storage and working space, etc. Lunch out on the ride, evening meals in town or hit the local supermarket and cook at Paul's. Tramps post has rather pre empted going live as it were so bear with us. We have lots of transport options from a mwb crafter with three bike trailer down to an exc on a tow bar on my 4x4. Cheapest option at a guess would be group here in Southampton and van over but we can collect folks it just puts costs up. If this is getting advert like mods then please let me know . Paul is only.doing this to keep the house running really and word of mouth style.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
micksea

Post by micksea »

Sounds interesting.I'll keep an eye on this thread for dates etc.
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

Interested depending on dates. (thumbs)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Watching (thumbs) Al can you PM me Paul address in FR B)
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Do BF still offer group bookings discounts for crossings? That would be a huge help for a "round trip" style ride. "Off season" it would be worth asking teh question...
herman

Post by herman »

Right then this is finally up and running. Paul has a couple of trips booked in October, the house is ready, the trails polished and cleared until the next storm and the local intermarche looking forward to the increase in sales. If anyone wants details pm me and I will answer best I can/give you contact details. The density of trails is stupid compared to here so catering for different skill levels is not a problem but the really big bikes will struggle unless you are a riding god, there is no way I would take my 1200 up them so I ride it there instead then take the 250 out. :) There are various transport options if folks don't want to drive down but it is only one and a half hours into France and two thirds dual carriageway. ImageDSC00882 by herman munster, on Flickr ImageDSC00856 by herman munster, on Flickr ImageDSC01080 by herman munster, on Flickr ImageDSC00871 by herman munster, on Flickr
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”