September HISS, who's going?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Simon_100

Re: September HISS, who's going?

Post by Simon_100 »

WillS wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:17 am Looking forward to it Simon, should be a great HISS, with fantastic trails and evening tails :lol:
Hope the campsite has stocked up on the cold beer!! :lol: :lol:
The gang from over the Pyrenees will arrive Sunday afternoon (ish) if we don't get lost!! :lol:
Looks like lots of new trails to try on the wee bikes.
Nice one Will. I'll be setting up early doors on Sunday after driving down on Saturday afternoon laden with clobber. Quite a few will be there so we could have the 'briefing' on Sunday night and everyone can get going straight away on Monday.

I've devised an amazing road trip from Collegats for anyone coming down on big bikes and stopping in the Pyrenees en-route.
Redmurty wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 am Simon say hello to Skippy and his winger for me, :lol:

cheers Spud ;)
Will do Spud. Meanwhile remember that THERE ARE NO MOUNTAINS IN AUSTRIA! :lol:
SteveR wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:40 pm la Vuelta giving us all a reminder again of the joys of riding in the Pyrenees!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Blimey, I thought it was in Belgium right now - must have my telly on upside down :D

Thanks for posting Steve, I've lost all of my notifications with the 'new look' so only stumbled upon this by accident after you 'bump'!

Regs

Simon

PS at the last count we will be 18 riders! :)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Thanks for posting Steve, I've lost all of my notifications with the 'new look' so only stumbled upon this by accident after you 'bump'!

Nice and manageable number that, intimate almost... ;)

Still not given up the cause here, just trying to locate a Janice sitter. :shock: Sussed the prices on the Spanish ferry crossings last weekend and nearly died from shock.... again! BF need some competition again.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SteveR wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Nice and manageable number that, intimate almost... ;)

Still not given up the cause here, just trying to locate a Janice sitter. :shock: Sussed the prices on the Spanish ferry crossings last weekend and nearly died from shock.... again! BF need some competition again.
Good luck, Phil is crossing France on his Tenere but I don't know which ferry he is on. He's based in/near Warwick so a similar trajectory to yours!

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Have fun everyone heading South this coming few days...

Deeply envious of you all :(
micksea

Post by micksea »

same here,first one ive missed for a few years :cry:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SteveR wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:44 am Have fun everyone heading South this coming few days...

Deeply envious of you all :(
Thanks Steve, we certainly will - two guys are planning to arrive this evening - mailed me an hour os so ago from La Rochelle area!
micksea wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:00 am same here,first one ive missed for a few years :cry:
You'll be sure that we'll raise a glass to you Mick - Phil as in Phil, Christel and Freddy - is coming back! :)

... although he's on his Tenere this time!

Regs

Simon

micksea

Post by micksea »

call yourself a dog lover? his name is Bertie.....ill be there next year so try not to be too upset :mrgreen:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

micksea wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:28 pm call yourself a dog lover? his name is Bertie.....ill be there next year so try not to be too upset :mrgreen:
Whoops, Bertie Wooster and Freddy Aynesford-Hill are so different! :lol:

Thanks for the reminder Mick, meanwhile I have the dates for next year all ready on the new look, re-engineered [url]Spanish Biker web pagehttps://thespanishbiker.wordpress.com/url] - but still seem work to go!!!

Simon

Archie

Post by Archie »

Simon, Your wordpress URL doesn't seem to be working.
Archie
Don't go where the path leads, 'Go where there is no path..! and leave a trail for others to follow'
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Archie wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:05 pm Simon, Your wordpress URL doesn't seem to be working.
Archie
Ha ha, a trusl¡ty fellow to check the details! You're right, I can never work out this new-fangled forum, nothing ever seems to work the same way twice let along the way it used to ...

But the link on the footer of all of my posts does work and here's another attempt at coding a link into the post

Hip, hip, huzzah - the bally thing worked this time! :)

See you next year Archie?

Regs

Simon

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”