September HISS, who's going?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Redmurty

Re: September HISS, who's going?

Post by Redmurty »

SteveR wrote:
Redmurty wrote:enjoy boys I'll be in Austria on shank's pony

cheers Spud ;)
What a shame you wont be able to test your new Montana out there... ;-)
all I need to do is source a map (thumbs)

Austria is holding election at the same time I believe, perhaps I might do some agitating

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Redmurty wrote:
SteveR wrote:

cheers Spud ;)

Austria is holding election at the same time I believe, perhaps I might do some agitating

cheers Spud ;)
Speak to a friendly farmer who might have something about... :whistle:
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

SteveR wrote:
Redmurty wrote:
SteveR wrote:

cheers Spud ;)

cheers Spud ;)
Speak to a friendly farmer who might have something about... :whistle:
hello friendly farmer.....

Stipperstones yesterday there was a scything contest about as interesting as watching the grass grow :whistle:

Cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

We'll have a chat and sort summat.... Can't have you navigating around Mid Wales with a sextant ;)
It's the Stiperstones, deah boy, only One P ! As for scything, I leave manual work to those who want it... :laugh:
BokitoJos

Post by BokitoJos »

P.R. in full swing
http://allroadmaniacs.nl/forum/index.php?topic=22344.0
Just maniacs at home
Netherlands
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Mornin' all,

Just come across this while exploring the new site.

At the moment we are fifteen confirmed - including six 'veterans*' with a few possibles like Spadger and Mrs S, plus SteveR - if he can get a 'farm sitter'! - plus a few more to chase up.

So at the very least we have quite a good group! :)

At this very moment I'm adding up all of the trails and I'll get the stats, i.e. how many miles of trails there are, and an image in a post later this morning. I'm also adding road routes as it's such a amazing area and the 'Big Boys' can have fun with their big toys ...

Now to see if the 'new' image uploading works:
IMG_1232.JPG
IMG_1232.JPG (335.06 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
IMG_1224.JPG
IMG_1224.JPG (295.33 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
IMG_1216-1.JPG
IMG_1216-1.JPG (191.94 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
Courtesy of Trevor, aka Oreally

More very soon ...

Regs

Simon

* unless John and Jayne turn up there are no 'vets' of the new trails area but a few if you have been to the 'old' Aragon part of the HISS before.
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Well the is still a bit provisional as I have to double check some trails from the early surveys in Aragon that are still on my old Mac when I get to my study next week ...

... and every time I look at the Basecamp I'm seeing gas that I can fill from my surveys of 2016! :D

But, the provisional totals are - 1,294 kms which I've calculated as 802 miles of pure trails. :)

There is some overlap, perhaps 50 kms, where short sections of the 'old' Aragon trails coincide with the new ones around the summit peak of Javalambre and rather that redraw trails I've let them stand - in any event the 'new' trails run from east to west as they approach the summit, where the 'frontier' between the new and old trails roughly occurs whereas the 'old trails run west-east as they were designed to be approached from the old HQ to the west if the region - so it's easy to plot itineraries without using trails back-to-front - HISS 'Vets' will understand al about this.

Now for the view, which I'll improve with an image from my 24" monitor when I get home ...
Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 17.25.42.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 17.25.42.png (613.69 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
Note that the Red trails are suitable for big bikes and/or novice riders - some will need to be reclassified before the trails are finalised - while the Green trails are serious mojo* - big bikes can do them, but definitely not for and easy time of it ... :D :D :D

Most of these trails start from some of the best road riding, er, roads in Spain and the next phase is to mark these as routes on BC and include these for your edification, plus a few more road routes over a wider radius** ... I'll do this over the weekend and these will appear on the 24" screen shot! :)

Regs

Simon
* old Aragon hands will recognise 'Marbles, which I'd removed from the original Big Tread list ...
** FYI this map, hence the area of trails, covers approximately 120 x 80 kms (75 x 46.5 miles approx)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SHarper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:46 pm I was very disappointed when I thought I wouldn't be going this year because of the shenanigans with dates, so on and so forth, now it looks like it could be a very distinct possibility! Got a lot of miles to do before that though...
What was the "shenanigans" with the dates Steve? It's always been September 11th - 15th.

Meanwhile as far as I now we have about six riders on 650 and over and nine tiddlers, so bearing in mind that the rule in Aragon is that groups must be no more than five we will have at least four groups every day ...

Regs

Simon

martinus

Post by martinus »

Holly shit,
i was lost for the last few days,
no HISS info.

Anybody of you lost.

Got 4 new passwords, WYSIWYG :geek: Must be new here :arrow:

Oeps Avatar is gone too
JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

I am leaving from Portsmouth on the Friday late evening crossing of the 8th into Caen?
anyone else on this route :?:
When nothing is going right - go left

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”