Friday 12th Evening run - Warwickshire

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Jammin

Re: Friday 12th Evening run - Warwickshire

Post by Jammin »

Could be up for it, need to check with the boss first.
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Sprockette wrote:Yep, I'll come along for sure. We meeting at the Wharf Pub thing you say? What time? Looks like Friday is going to be my "Finally meet ABR members" day. :)

Been looking at some videos of the meteor showers that have happened elsewhere, amazing stuff, hope its not too cloudy. I've seen the odd falling star type thing, but never a shower.

Anyone read/seen Day of the Trifids? :laugh:
I'll be there just after 7.30 and will grab a bite to eat.
No point going up until dusk.
It was my first year watching last year and we saw the peak night on the Salisbury Plains. There was no moon so no light pollution whatsoever
Its quite incredible, we all have seen a shooting star but the regularity with which they shower is something else, not just meteors but fireballs as well.
Tonight tomorrow and Saturday are 'intense nights but it has been going on all this week.
I loved astronomy as a kid so last year rekindled a bit of enthusiasm and I bought this. :woohoo:

Only seen the adaption of DOTT on TV , I think last year. Caused by a solar flare wasn't it?
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Jammin wrote:Could be up for it, need to check with the boss first.
Bring the 'boss' too.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Alun wrote:I think I'll pop along for a bit of star gazing, maybe have Bryn in tow also now that he's passed his test and all that.

And yes, BD has a rep for being dogging central so we might even see a few moons rising.
Good-oh are you both coming to the pub first?

Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Sounds good but in all probability I'll be too pissed at the Bulldog Bash to be riding my bike.....shame, could be quite a show ;)
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Lairyskippy wrote:Sounds good but in all probability I'll be too pissed at the Bulldog Bash to be riding my bike.....shame, could be quite a show ;)
Just make sure when you keel over you land on your back looking skywards. You'll be fine :laugh:

Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Tyrant68 wrote:
Lairyskippy wrote:Sounds good but in all probability I'll be too pissed at the Bulldog Bash to be riding my bike.....shame, could be quite a show ;)
Just make sure when you keel over you land on your back looking skywards. You'll be fine :laugh:
See, that is the kind of helpful and caring advice that I like.....like your thinking!:lol:
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Lairyskippy wrote:
Tyrant68 wrote:
See, that is the kind of helpful and caring advice that I like.....like your thinking!:lol:
Glad to be of assistance :laugh:

Jammin

Post by Jammin »

Tyrant68 wrote:
Jammin wrote:Could be up for it, need to check with the boss first.
Bring the 'boss' too.
That's a terrible idea :pinch:
Haven't even had her on the back of the bike yet !!!:whistle:
scouse

Post by scouse »

Last time I spent a night looking at the Perseids was on the Lizard during the Eclipse Rally in 1999.

Pulled a graveyard shift supposedly marshalling the arena and stage gate... which was basically 4 hours kicking back in a deck chair staring up at a clear sky with zero light pollution and ooh and ahhing to Natures "Fireworks" :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”