HISS Big Tread - the 'Official' Trip Report!

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
gspod

Re: HISS Big Tread - the 'Official' Trip Report!

Post by gspod »

Really wish we could make this one Simon - fingers crossed for next year (thumbs)

Anyone thinking about it - it's highly recommended (thumbs)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

qcnr wrote:Sorry for the total noob question but what is HISS? Is there an official website as I can't find it. :unsure:
Hi, not a bad question at all! There is a page on my blog about the HISS events but as they have evolved over the years - the first one was five years ago - amazing!!! :whistle: - it's a bit difficult to describe in more detail. The main thing is that the HISS is very laid back, no rules - apart form the laws of the land, plus a dose of common sense - no teams, to points, no prizes just lots and lots of great trails, great craic, great people ...

And the Monster map:

And more beautiful people ...

... only joking!

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

ollydog wrote:
Spadger wrote:I think this could be a good testing ground for our old bm's Simon will keep you updated with progress on them and the hunt for a dog sitter as we'd be riding down, thought about going Spanish and tying her to a tree for three weeks but there's so many dogooders here don't think I'd get away with it :)
if jan comes with me with the van we will be taking our two with us, if chris comes as well, his spaniel buddy will be in his box on the back of the gs

steve
Oh good, tapas, how yummy ...

Seriously Balts was originally head of on-site security bit now he's in charge of the creche ...

Off to the vet's next week for his jabs - and possibly tipping the scales at 50 kgs!!! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

iceclimber wrote:I'm all set ...... Ferries booked ! thanks to the NEC bike show 10% saved :)

A bit closer to the time, I may be looking for a 'van-man / bike-man' to take down our camping gear ? :unsure:
I haven't asked at the new camp site but at Collegats they're happy to take delivery and despatch or consignments via courier firms - expensive perhaps but it's an option ... or go for a bungalow?

Regs

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

JonnyBravo wrote:Not wishing my life away - but looking out the window at the snow today, roll on September

The roads and trails really are GS riding nirvana (thumbs)

My ferry is booked B)
There speaks the voice of experience ... (thumbs)

Today we were looking at snow storms above Andorra - about fifty miles north of our house - amazing clouds rising high into the atmosphere while we were basking in glorious sunshine - and I say 'were' with reason ... :whistle:

Regs

Simon

You lots have just made it on to Catalonian TV - year weather or what!

iceclimber

Post by iceclimber »

ollydog wrote:ice man where are you in the country, if jan decides to come then i will trialer down, let you know closer

steve
Great; Thanks .....
I'm in Worcestershire .... close to M5 but only 40 odd miles from Coventry / Bristol / Oxford etc ....
JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

GS Nirvana (thumbs)

fantastic on and off road riding - and I'm shit at riding off road
When nothing is going right - go left
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

This is a minor change to the Big Tread - we're changing the venue to the camping Casa Faustino]camping Casa Faustino, which is where the Challenge is.

The main reason is that as I'm doing the final planing this venue os more central¡y placed. But I also stayed there for a week last October and the owners are just great, whilst the other place is becoming a bit too much like a holiday resort, quite a change from when I fist scouted it back in then end of 2015 season ...

Bothe are the same distance from Teruel city and the access from the motorway so there's really no 'operational' difference at all.

Regs

Simon

JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

Looking at the pitch pics - I need some heavier duty tent pegs Simon !
When nothing is going right - go left
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

JonnyBravo wrote:Looking at the pitch pics - I need some heavier duty tent pegs Simon !
Yes you will. Stainless steel at that site is the rule. But the other site was under pitch pines which mean big red ants ...

I'll also bring a bloody great hammer ...

Simon

PS Decatlon do sets that are indestructible - alway a worthwhile precaution in Spain

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”