Salisbury plain 4th/5th Feb

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Speedfour4

Re: Salisbury plain 4th/5th Feb

Post by Speedfour4 »

I'm always happy to head out for a ride when ever people fancy it. (as long as the boss will let me lol)
rallymoto

Post by rallymoto »

superb looks like you had a great time some nice riding going on
Blueranger

Post by Blueranger »

Cone wrote:I do hope the chap whose wheel came loose didnt cause too much damage and returned home safe
Made it back fine thankyou.....Although I picked up a rear puncture.

Got hold of another rear caliper and some new wheel bolts which I won't be greasing. Staggered that the vibration worked them loose.

Breaking just with the front was weird, had an "oh shoot" moment late breaking into a roundabout when the front kept locking up.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

A little lube should not have affected it--provided that the torque was correct?---I would have a good look at the threads in the hub?
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Blimey mud galore..........so which tyres seemed to work best on the chalk and what caused the rear wheel on Bluerangers bike to come off have you recently had it off to change the tyre? B)
herman

Post by herman »

No tyre works on wet chalk :huh:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
pkunc

Post by pkunc »

Blueranger, to all that rear puncture! I call that proper rear wheel trolls :evil: !

Glad you made it home in one piece.
Blueranger

Post by Blueranger »

Andi_Archer wrote: Bluerangers bike to come off have you recently had it off to change the tyre? B)
Bit of a story behind this.....

I'd put my offroad wheels whilst having another set of tyres on my main wheels the weekend before. I was then going to change back my to my roadwheels for the commute to work during the week and the ride down taking the TKC's with me. In the end I didnt get chance and ended up riding on the TKC's so I suspect I didnt do the bolts up anywhere near tight enough, coulple that with greasing the bolts and riding offroad and they worked loose.
pkunc wrote:Blueranger, to all that rear puncture! I call that proper rear wheel trolls :evil: !
Hi Pavel, yes properly jinxed! Did you get my text message?

@ACP you leave my bar mits alone! They keep my little digits toasty warm :laugh: After spending many years mocking those who had them...eventually you conceed that actually they make an awful lot of sense.

Having them has meant that I'm quite comfortable wearing my klim powercross gloves all year even on the coldest days. I don't much like wearing thick clumpy winter gloves so they offer an ideal solution.....don't knockem till ya tried em! :laugh:

Though....I was planning on removing them for the offroad ride and forgot....
Bearrr

Salisbury plain 4th/5th Feb

Post by Bearrr »

Speedfour4 wrote:I'm always happy to head out for a ride when ever people fancy it. (as long as the boss will let me lol)
Any chance we can organise another round either on 4/5 or 11/12 of March?

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”