Important changes at the HISS - Dates for your Diaries!

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
halfpint

Re: Important changes at the HISS - Dates for your Diaries!

Post by halfpint » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:58 pm

wait to see geof in his new one vw envy, mick let it go we just want to be more like you !!!silver van and no hair.

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
WillS

Post by WillS » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Spadger wrote:
halfpint wrote:micks a tea boy! john what did you buy ?
Nothing as yet Pete was beaten to a cracking klx450 locally unfortunately he sold it as I was on way , haven't looked at anything else yet as rescuing our rented house , probs be the two hondas again for Hiss , although they make a different noise now , not sure of the travelling arrangements as today I was told the new van we bought can't have a tow bar fitted even tho they checked beforehand , may need some consumer advice re that one !
That's bad news John!! Thought everything could have a tow bar fitted, bet if they think it's going back they will find away!! It's 2017, bet Brunel would have fitted one from Cast Iron !! :whistle:

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:58 pm

WillS wrote:
Spadger wrote:
halfpint wrote:micks a tea boy! john what did you buy ?
Nothing as yet Pete was beaten to a cracking klx450 locally unfortunately he sold it as I was on way , haven't looked at anything else yet as rescuing our rented house , probs be the two hondas again for Hiss , although they make a different noise now , not sure of the travelling arrangements as today I was told the new van we bought can't have a tow bar fitted even tho they checked beforehand , may need some consumer advice re that one !
That's bad news John!! Thought everything could have a tow bar fitted, bet if they think it's going back they will find away!! It's 2017, bet Brunel would have fitted one from Cast Iron !! :whistle:
Yes, that is a shame John - how can they do this, surely everything van have a tow bar fitted?

Regs
Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:12 am

A short reminder that fly-rent is a possibility with my contact Anton at Rent-a-Tiger in Barcelona. As the name suggest they have Tigers that can be fitted with Mitas M07 tyres, idea for the condition in Aragon, come fully equipped with hard pannier and either hard top box or sift duffel - or neither if you bring your own for tent, etc..

There are scores of flights into BCN and Anton's base is two minutes from the main train station, Sants, which has half hourly links direct to the airport. He even has deals with hotels in the same location and will deliver you bike to these - it's a good day's ride to the Aragon location - a very, very good ride if you take al day to do it by the back roads so in many ways it's better to rent less and stay more - after all, a night or two in Barna is an end in itself!

Anton speaks and writes perfect English. I don't have a discount 'deal' with him bu if you do get in touch mention my name ... A sort of postscript: Rent-a-Tiger has some bikes fitted with lowering kits for the vertically challenged - or simple those of us who suffer vertigo!

And a genuine STOP PRESS: I have found a possibility - and I stress the term possibility - of renting smaller 'enduro' bikes: yamaha wrf 250-290 or 450 electric starter models including a few of the 250s with lowering kits.

Ho hum, maybe a trip to Barcelona next week, in between a minor operation, a dentist's check up, a financial review with our accountant, finalising the tex return, ... Oh it all makes work for the working man to do! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Spadger

Post by Spadger » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:27 am

That sounds good Simon I'll pass that info onto my mate Moso
In France trying to persuade him and his missus to join in , on the van front the dealer is a local guy , very good and highly recommended, he's had two independent s look At the kit supplied by hymer and all say it can't be fitted / doesn't fit , anyway the good news is one of the companies is manufacturing me a specific tow bar and I'm getting my money back for the hymer tow bar so
I'm in pocket :) roll on June

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:59 am

Spadger wrote:That sounds good Simon I'll pass that info onto my mate Moso
In France trying to persuade him and his missus to join in , on the van front the dealer is a local guy , very good and highly recommended, he's had two independent s look At the kit supplied by hymer and all say it can't be fitted / doesn't fit , anyway the good news is one of the companies is manufacturing me a specific tow bar and I'm getting my money back for the hymer tow bar so
I'm in pocket :) roll on June
That's all good news John! (thumbs)

More good news is that the yamaha trail bikes are available for hire for all three HISS dates. I'm waiting for prices and will have to solve transport as they don't seem to do this. I guess people could ride to the v1 at La Pobla de Segur while we took your luggage in the car. Others it's a question of maybe borrowing a trailer but having to fit a tow bar, which is even more expensive here because you have to alter the car's registration documents, to a car that we're planning to sell in a few years time or to the Niva, which is not a good 'puller' :whistle:

Ho hum ...

Simon

BokitoJos

Post by BokitoJos » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:41 am

OK
if there is a regular availibility of the Yamaha WR's
this pulls our window wide open
to say
we can fly in for veteran meeting
please keep us informed
will discus in June in veteran mode
Netherlands

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:04 am

BokitoJos wrote:OK
if there is a regular availibility of the Yamaha WR's
this pulls our window wide open
to say
we can fly in for veteran meeting
please keep us informed
will discus in June in veteran mode
That's very encouraging Jos. The 'Veteran' meet is the week before the Challenge, not in September. Is that what you were thinking?

Regs

Simon

BokitoJos

Post by BokitoJos » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:15 am

Thinking,
a friends meeting,
anytime,
fly in,
rent WR,
pay HISSTAX,
and ride.

Able to fly and collect a WR type bike is relaxed.
Until know, for us its the big way, bringing our own bikes is al lot of extra effort.
Netherlands

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:40 am

BokitoJos wrote:Thinking,
a friends meeting,
anytime,
fly in,
rent WR,
pay HISSTAX,
and ride.

Able to fly and collect a WR type bike is relaxed.
Until know, for us its the big way, bringing our own bikes is al lot of extra effort.
That's good thinking Jos. The bikes are only available during the summer - even though strictly speaking June isn't summer! I don't know yet where in Barcelona the place is but in any event it's an easy ride up to Tremp/La Pobla. I've alway offered what I can 'bespoke', i.e. made-to-measure HISS gigs for groups of friends, including different accommodation options, i.e. hotels, farmhouses, etc.

For a group of up to four the easiest, and cheapest, way would be for me to come down to the airport in the Kangoo, collect you and your luggage, drive to the rental base which is further up the coast to the north of the city - actually Girona airport might be better!

Then you all ride up 'lite' - it's a nice ride! - while I follow in with your luggage in the Kangoo - then do it all in reverse at the end.

If there were more than four the others would have to take the train and I'd ferry them from the local trail station, which is about five kms away.

It's early days for this but maybe a 'trial run' during this year ... (thumbs)

Regs

Simon

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”