Important changes at the HISS - Dates for your Diaries!

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Simon_100

Re: Important changes at the HISS - Dates for your Diaries!

Post by Simon_100 »

SteveR wrote:Are you allowed out on your own doing the researches...? I think you need a riding companion Simon :whistle:
Yes, Polly is glad to see the back me once in a while! :whistle:

Actually I'm never safe on my own no matter what funny dark corner I'm looking into ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
SteveR wrote:Are you allowed out on your own doing the researches...? I think you need a riding companion Simon :whistle:
Yes, Polly is glad to see the back me once in a while! :whistle:

Actually I'm never safe on my own no matter what funny dark corner I'm looking into ...
:laugh:
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Gavinskii wrote:
g00ner wrote:Question for the guys who have attended the Aragon events in the past - (I'm assuming here the 'Big Tread' event will use a lot of the same routes)

Will this suit my 1150GSA? I've had fun at the Catalonia event but on my 450 and very happy the 1150 wasn't there with me :whistle: . I know the GS is a go anywhere bike for rusty tufty types but I'm near 50 with short legs :P, if the weight and height of the thing means I'll be riding like Miss Daisy on the trails down there I'll take the 450 again.

Only reason I'm asking is that I have had a look through past Aragon events and only seen 650's and 450's so far. Why d'ya reckon (thumbs)

PS the 1150 is running Anakee 3's
Here's mine in 2015
Plenty of good trails for the Panzer, also plenty of technical for the lightweights B)

20150514_110239.jpg
catalogue pose or what

steve
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

I've done it!

I've just gone and booked my cabin on the Portsmouth / Santander crossing for the HISS Challenge (£35 deposit now and balance by 1st May).

Rough plan is to travel down with SHMBO in my VW California with the Montesa4Ride on the back, do the HISS from 19th to 23rd June, then head off on an adventure to Sardinia and possibly back up home via West coast of Italy.

If anyone needs a discount code for Brittany Ferries, let me know (it saved me £35)

B)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Gavinskii wrote:I've done it!

I've just gone and booked my cabin on the Portsmouth / Santander crossing for the HISS Challenge (£35 deposit now and balance by 1st May).

Rough plan is to travel down with SHMBO in my VW California with the Montesa4Ride on the back, do the HISS from 19th to 23rd June, then head off on an adventure to Sardinia and possibly back up home via West coast of Italy.

If anyone needs a discount code for Brittany Ferries, let me know (it saved me £35)

B)
All done Gavin! - I think you're the first to confirm and/or commit! (thumbs)

One reason that we've been holding back with the 'Official' trip report is the state if the £ vs € exchange, the effects of the Italian referendum, etc. so we've now decided to drop the price down to £125 and also give tenner discount on all HISS events for everyone who's been to a HiSS! (thumbs)

So your bill will be £115 and as long as your good lady doesn't ride a bike then that's it. The camping has offered us a discount and I must now get down to conform the details as when I met and talked with them in May they hadn't fixed have their 2017 prices - and Ididn't know that they're expecting their firstborn on Christmas Day! (thumbs)

BTW, how are you getting to Sardinia? If it's from Barcelona I can recommend a few camp sites down the coast or even a handy overnight for campers ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

ollydog

Post by ollydog »

B)
california posh git lol

steve
JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

For the big tread in September the spain ferries are showing sold out already for the dates i want -

So its ride all the way from st malo for me - so i intend to use the same hotel as last time at the foot of the mountains which was excellent (thumbs)
When nothing is going right - go left
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

ollydog wrote:

B)
california posh git lol

steve
Yeah, real posh! (thumbs)
JonnyBravo wrote:For the big tread in September the spain ferries are showing sold out already for the dates i want -

So its ride all the way from st malo for me - so i intend to use the same hotel as last time at the foot of the mountains which was excellent (thumbs)
Great to have you along Jonny. PM coming without email for adding you to the list. I'm no expert on the ferries but I'm surprised at this apparent booking - I didn't even think these sailings would be out yet!

Meanwhile, while you're riding around GOC try to track down Johnny Boxer and convince him to come down too - now that there's accommodation at the camping he has no excuse ... :whistle:

Regs

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

We've finally worked out the new pricing schedule for the HISS events in the light of the strengthening of GBP and more conformation of our own costs.

Now all the HISS events are £125, the 'Veterans' discount - 'Veterans' are everyone who came to a HISS before 2015, plus a few guys who paid up for 2016 before the end of January last year -applies only to the v1 is £50 flat reduction. Furthermore, and all ex-participants, i.e. everyone new since 2015, get £10 discount on whichever HISS they come to.

People coming to both the HISS's in June get 10%, i.e. £25,

A few worked examples:

The price for a 'Veteran' coming to both the v1 and the Challenge would be £75 for v1, £115 for the Challenge and a further £25 reduction for them both: total £190.

The price for a newbie coming to both HiSS v1 and Challenge is (£125 x 2 = £250) less 10% hence £225.

The price for anyone who has been to a HISS event since we began in 2012 is £115 for any of the three events this year.

We're getting confirmations already but I'm working to a heavy deadline so I'll start the 'Official' threads for the Challenge and Big tread events asap as I'll be adding photos, location details and provisional pricing in re two camp sites involved.

Meanwhile, back on the Rranch ...

Regs

Simon

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Most britferries for spain have been sold out for ages....but then again the price was cheap and im sure thve held back booking room for the after chrimbo rush at a higher price of coarse...

Airlines do the same......

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”