Bike show

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
AndyB

Bike show

Post by AndyB »

Anyone going? The wife and I are going tomorrow so no doubt we'll come home with a few bits & pieces we don't really need but that happens when she does the weekly shop so nothing new there :)
dubber68

Re: Bike show

Post by dubber68 »

Off there on Monday with a bit of a shopping list. My wallet is having a panic attack already.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

whated to go today but the mrs is still under the weather soit looks like i'll be missing it this year. pity cos i wanted to sit on the new AT
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

redbikejohn wrote:whated to go today but the mrs is still under the weather soit looks like i'll be missing it this year. pity cos i wanted to sit on the new AT
Unlucky mate, I went yesterday and it looked like there is a lot of great things going on. They had loads of new Africa Twins there to. I'm going again tomorrow so I will have a sit on it for you. (thumbs)
dunny

Post by dunny »

Went to the show today and had a good look at the new AT and the obligatory sit.
Seems well finished in typical Honda fasion , but the listed weight of 232Kg is that dry or wet
because your into the same area as my 2001 1150GS and whilst the weight disappears when riding, moving it around the garage/driveway requires strength and attention. Also I can't see the new AT being as capable and nimble as the KTM 950/990 Adventure offroad.
I think it will make a good touring bike but a bit like the Tiger 800 (which carries it's weight high), misses the mark for anything other than light trails.
In a nut shell I think they should have gone for smaller capacity and less weight, only a proper road/offroad test will prove how good it really is obviously.
2011 Husqvarna TE250

2011 KTM 990ADV

2001 R1150GS
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

Been today and bought 2 new helmets - one for trails and one for road use. I thought that it wasn't too busy, not packed for the opening weekend which was great. Lots of new things to ogle - I had a great time (thumbs)

Harv
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

I was there today bit disappointed there was no Husqvarnas to sit on or look at, The new KTM looked good Honda had a nice looking bike
there 450 XImage

You can't go without mentioning the new Africa Twin ImageImageImageImage
All in I thought it was a bit small to sit on on and very cramped with the Honda luggage fitted, which also felt very flimsy its not T/T or Metal mule quality
I don't think it was worth the wait, it might be good but for me I would have a 800 Tiger or a 800 gsa , I am sure it will sell well, but not my cup of tea (thumbs)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
andy1105

Post by andy1105 »

The white one looks good eric but I don't like the gold wheels prefer the black wheels (thumbs)
Stray Dog

Post by Stray Dog »

I'm there on Thursday.
Visiting my sister up Norf tomorrow.
Dropping in on the way back (Kent)
Looking for a blootoof intercom
Prezzie to myself.. :P

Dog
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

Just heads up for folks that are looking for a new helmet , they are selling the new Shoei Adventure helmet there at the NEC show for £250 for the plain colours and £300 for the graphics version , that is a big price drop from what they were selling them few weeks back
( 470 for the graphics version the last time i have checked ) .
(thumbs)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”