yule TIDE ABR rally 2015 Abbotsham, Bideford, Devon EX39, UK

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Apophis

Re: yule TIDE ABR rally 2015 Abbotsham, Bideford, Devon EX39, UK

Post by Apophis »

A great big thanks to John and everyone involved in the organising of this event and again a great venue

All who braved the windy weather it was good to meet you and hope you all got home with out incedent

here are a couple of pics from my weekend

Every day is an adventure
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Just got back--muddy bike still in van--great work again by John and crew--great meals etc.
here's a few pics from the gentle offroad--the last two are AFTER I had been rescued from being trapped under my yam in the flowing stream to the left--but after a sit down and rest we carried on(ps I'm taking the pic!!)--no real damage--a great ride out with about 5 locals on both rides(hard and gentle)--and I think we did a "dawn till dusk" and about 100 miles--and just a few lie downs.
Update--just spent ages cleaning the Yam--but it starts on the button and everything works. However, looks like I've kinked the sidestand when it went down on rocks. Ironically I did exactly the same two years ago in the same area--but on my Honda CRF230--those rocks are HARD!!
Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

Glad you enjoyed it that bike was heavy when it was on its side on top of you in the water plus slippery but we made it ok (thumbs) Hope your not too bashed up but expect there are a few aches and pains after that.

Good bunch to ride with it was fun riding Tec and watching the action :)
ratass

Post by ratass »

And again the yuletide was great,thanks john you delivered again,and thanks to all who turned up good to meet old friends and new.
JB
devon john

Post by devon john »

thanks to all that attended (thumbs)

you boys make it all worth it ,, i love doing this each year and we do raise some money for a worthwhile cause

the AIR AMBULANCE after the great auction run by del boy Tim (treedown) plus all the ale consumed

we made a good profit, £814 this will be pass on by Rick latter this week ,

we will be running this event next year , as all that attended insisted too me to" keep calm and carry on "

again thanks to Russel Johns the site owner for opening the site for us ,

Alun from ABR for the donation of five subscriptions for his mag.

Cotswold Outdoors for there great prizes , Sam manacon for his book

plus all that brought prizes ,,,,, the action alone raised £420

thanks again to all that support these small events ,,,,, with out you there wouldn't be a rally

john
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Mike Wright wrote:Glad you enjoyed it that bike was heavy when it was on its side on top of you in the water plus slippery but we made it ok (thumbs) Hope your not too bashed up but expect there are a few aches and pains after that.

Good bunch to ride with it was fun riding Tec and watching the action :)
Should have mentioned you!--It WAS heavy being over horizontal and difficult to get at--rider error--more beans and I wouldn't have needed to put my foot down--and the stream was a bit lower than the ground!
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Mike Wright wrote:Good bunch to ride with it was fun riding Tec and watching the action :)
Mainly my action lol. I'm aching a bit today, all that bike lifting and sliding all over the shop. Excellent day and very enjoyable lane. Kin ruts I love em :whistle:

Cheers John, great event and the food was spot on. I was the last to leave I think, went to say Bye and the place was empty (thumbs)
ratass

Post by ratass »

Did you find the division ok
JB
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

Thanks for sorting John. Although mine was a bit of a flying visit it was worth the 600 mile round trip
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

ratass wrote:Did you find the division ok
JB
Yeah no probs. had a V big moment though. On a long straight doing about 60, back end started coming round then
the front was weaving large, shat myself, stood up on the pegs and recovered it :woohoo: it's was like riding through slush or snow. Must have been diesel on the road or something, misty rain didn't help either. The next 5 miles was taken very slowly indeed. Glad I did the off road ride on Saturday as it gave me the reactions lol
Cheers (thumbs)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”