yule TIDE ABR rally 2015 Abbotsham, Bideford, Devon EX39, UK

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
trickytree

Re: yule TIDE ABR rally 2015 Abbotsham, Bideford, Devon EX39, UK

Post by trickytree »

Great weekend, big up to John and all the other folk that made it happen.
Got back at bang on 3.00 so made good time. Even saw a bit more Devon scenery as part of the A361 was closed so followed the diversion signs down some great riding roads.
Roll on Malvern B)
scottnet

Post by scottnet »

Great fun
Great company
Great Food
Great Beer
Great organisation !!!!!
Great ride
Great cause

did I say I had a great time :)
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

Just to say many thanks to John and crew for setting up the communal area and getting food to out mouths!
The beer went down well and there was plenty of it. Excellent food and great to meet persons down South that I wouldn't ordinarily meet.
Great venue, absolutely ideal for the sort of crowd turning up. I camped but then I'm a daft Yorkshireman!
600 mile return journey, definately worth it and those present raised good money for the Air Ambulance.
We had a whip around to make sure that John was not out of pocket as he had anticipated more going.
I will definately attend more of the ABR meets.

Again a big thanks to John AND helpers.

PS I would have stayed to help clear up but I neede to get on the road pretty sharpish after brekkie. Took about 6.5 hours to get home (plus stops)
devon john

Post by devon john »

Biquad wrote:Just to say many thanks to John and crew for setting up the communal area and getting food to out mouths!
The beer went down well and there was plenty of it. Excellent food and great to meet persons down South that I wouldn't ordinarily meet.
Great venue, absolutely ideal for the sort of crowd turning up. I camped but then I'm a daft Yorkshireman!
600 mile return journey, definately worth it and those present raised good money for the Air Ambulance.
We had a whip around to make sure that John was not out of pocket as he had anticipated more going.
I will definately attend more of the ABR meets.

Again a big thanks to John AND helpers.

PS I would have stayed to help clear up but I neede to get on the road pretty sharpish after brekkie. Took about 6.5 hours to get home (plus stops)
Super Mario
great you made it down and enjoyed are hospitality ,,, i have been to the site today and they are very happy to have us back .
see you at the Malvern in March

john
Tredown

Post by Tredown »

Fantastic weekend was had by all, Big John was a STAR as usual, thanks to all those that helped , but especially all those that made the effort to come and join in, there were some big mileages involved.
The amount raised exceeded expectations at £ 814. everyone was very generous, if the didn't give up their money willingly, we shamed them into it !!
Those that went on the road run came back with a smile on thier faces having ended op in Minehead.
The offroaders were offered an option of a technical day out, or a more sedate one, I chose the latter, I take my hat off to you boys that off road a 990 KTM, the 690 is big enough for me.
looking forward to the next ABR event
Tim
Tredown

Post by Tredown »

Fantastic weekend was had by all, Big John was a STAR as usual, thanks to all those that helped , but especially all those that made the effort to come and join in, there were some big mileages involved.
The amount raised exceeded expectations at £ 814. everyone was very generous, if the didn't give up their money willingly, we shamed them into it !!
Those that went on the road run came back with a smile on thier faces having ended op in Minehead.
The offroaders were offered an option of a technical day out, or a more sedate one, I chose the latter, I take my hat off to you boys that off road a 990 KTM, the 690 is big enough for me.
looking forward to the next ABR event
Tim

IMG_4137.JPG
IMG_4137.JPG (52.43 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
peterpan241

Post by peterpan241 »

I've played the game of spot the difference between 2 pictures ;) but I'm struggling with this one Tim :laugh:
Adventure before Dementia
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

If you scroll down quick enough its a bit like the BBC2 lightbox advert and you can just see his hand move! :cheer:
Tredown

Post by Tredown »

The point is you just can't get enough of John !!
and I cant use computers.
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

peterpan241 wrote:I've played the game of spot the difference between 2 pictures ;) but I'm struggling with this one Tim :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: nice one!!

certainly looks like you all had a blast.. WELLDONE ALL!!! (thumbs)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”