Nick Sanders

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
thecount

Nick Sanders

Post by thecount »

Hi All,

Not sure if this is allowed but would hope its of some interest to the members on site

NICK SANDERS “THE ORDINARY MAN TOUR”
@ The Motorbike Shop!!
149-151 Lynchford Road, North Camp, Farnborough, GU14 6HG

THURSDAY THE 4TH DECEMBER 2014 19:00
Tickets £5 including free Hog-roast and drinks!!

Nick Sanders is a British biker who is known for his many long distance trips such as setting a World Record of riding 19,930 miles, circumnavigating the globe in 31 days and 20 hours on a Triumph Daytona 900!!.
In 2011 he became the first person to ride from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego (southern tip of Argentina) and back in 49 days, a feat he achieved unsupported on a Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere. He usually prefers to travel on bikes not intended for the job, for example he went around the world on a Cross-plane R1!!.
The guy is a motorcycling legend, as mad as a box of frogs but utterly approachable and will be with us on the 4th of December at 7:00pm.
For £5 you don’t just get an evening with the man but you also get a FREE hog-roast and FREE drinks. Absolute Billy Bargain I think you’ll agree!!
So give us a call on 01252 400 010 and book your place as there are only 100 available, the last time he was here it sold out quite quickly!!
wispyone

Re: Nick Sanders

Post by wispyone »

If this wasn't so far I would jump at it . Met him on his stall at the bike show last week, very friendly and chatty.
I was looking to buy his autobiography at the show and ended up with both volumes, his timbokoo book and a few dvd's of his exploits - all for 20 quid, and he signed them all. Thoroughly good chap - I could have chatted all day with him
thecount

Post by thecount »

I think he is an amazing guy to talk too, if you have never heard him talk you dont know what you have missed
BigBashBonanza

Post by BigBashBonanza »

Free drinks?
Does that include Stella? All night?
For a fiver, that's well worth it and if so, I'll bring all the lads from work, all 600 of them! :woohoo:
Look Large, Be Massive

Follow the Sapper
thecount

Post by thecount »

There might be a few beers available but not 600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cozmo1589

Nick Sanders

Post by cozmo1589 »

Interesting chap great stories and achievements. Don't buy his DVDs, they are shocking quality, brand new out the packet and they jump skip and judder, complete rip off, shame really as the stories they try to tell are very interesting :-/
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

My DVD works just fine.
wispyone

Post by wispyone »

The 2 DVDs I got work OK
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

cozmo1589 wrote:Interesting chap great stories and achievements. Don't buy his DVDs, they are shocking quality, brand new out the packet and they jump skip and judder, complete rip off, shame really as the stories they try to tell are very interesting :-/
Cozmo, i agree, the lucky lucky men in Spain sell better quality and try getting your pennies back.
Just read his book well the first part. Not saying its crap (god he can rant over nowt) but i will pay the postage if anyone ones it just to get rid.

PM me
Steve
cozmo1589

Nick Sanders

Post by cozmo1589 »

SteveW wrote:My DVD works just fine.
Well I bought a bundle off of his stall, it was 7 DVDs in total, only two played without incident and that was using various DVD players to eliminate a possible dodgy player. None of my kit liked his DVDs. I guess it's a bit of pot luck, poor quality control means some good ones out there and as well as crap ones. Ah well you live and learn :-)
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”