NEC

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
DB1965

Re: NEC

Post by DB1965 »

hiya lads where abouts is the entrance to the bike park up thier sat morning early
Get out thier & Live it

Current bike Honda NC750XAE

Dream Bike GS1200 Adventure lowered (fully fledged short arse) fully pimped just need the 16k ;)
appleby

Post by appleby »

DB1965 wrote:hiya lads where abouts is the entrance to the bike park up thier sat morning early
well let's break it down;

NEC >>> Motorcycle Live >>> bike parking ... enjoy your adventure! (thumbs)
RH_SCOTLAND

Post by RH_SCOTLAND »

Car load driving down from Scotland on Sunday morning.

I'm looking to try on the RST Paragon 4 jacket and trousers, see what prices are like too but I dont expect any huge discounts from what others are saying.

Anyone thats been see a stand with the Nexx X.D1 helmets or the Spada Intrepid? Want to try them on for comfort.

We're leaving at six am, hopefully be there for 11am. Hope its not a waste of time. The Scottish show has been very poor the last couple of years.
Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them....
DB1965

Post by DB1965 »

okay smartarse :P the sercure internal limited parking entrance :whistle:
Get out thier & Live it

Dream Bike GS1200 Adventure lowered (fully fledged short arse) fully pimped just need the 16k ;)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

DB1965 wrote:hiya lads where abouts is the entrance to the bike park up thier sat morning early
Steve a decent jumper is more than enough. If your going by bike you need to go to the east gate for the free bike parking, leave your jacket and helmet in a store job done.

head to the east gate and they will direct you, forecast sunny on Saturday around here

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
DB1965

Post by DB1965 »

thanks buddy
Get out thier & Live it

SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Stray Dog wrote:I went yesterday, extremely disappointed. :S
Not a lot of gear to buy unless ya want a new helmet.
3 hrs Inc lunch and I was more than done.
Won't be rushing back........
Went today, caught the train from Wellington, 13 quid and 58mins later I was out at the NEC, easy... :-)

Then 20 quid to get in... Was it worth it? Not for me, either.

Spent some time with CCM, the Herald stand and one or two odds and sods of Adv trips and the like. Met Sam Manicom flogging his books, nice guy, didn't buy a book as it was too early and I did not want weight to cart about then. Forgot to go back... :-(

Went out of the show to the station to grab a Subway, still expensive but inside the halls is really taking the piss pricewise. I had intended to grab an Aldi sarnie and drinks on the way to the Station, but ran out of time.

3 hours later, I was waiting for the train too....

My SO informed me it was about 22 years since I last went, it'll be the same before I go again.

If going Friday/Sat/Sun I am told it will be the Good Food show and expect HUGE crowds and associated traffic...
moto al

Post by moto al »

SteveR wrote:
Stray Dog wrote:I went yesterday, extremely disappointed. :S
Not a lot of gear to buy unless ya want a new helmet.
3 hrs Inc lunch and I was more than done.
Won't be rushing back........
Went today, caught the train from Wellington, 13 quid and 58mins later I was out at the NEC, easy... :-)

Then 20 quid to get in... Was it worth it? Not for me, either. Spent some time with CCM, the Herald stand and one or two odds and sods of Adv trips and the like. Met Sam Manicom flogging his books, nice guy, didn't buy a book as it was too early and I did not want weight to cart about then. Forgot to go back :-(

Went out of the show to the station to grab a Subway, still expensive but inside is really taking the piss pricewise. I had intended to grab an Aldi sarnie and drinks on the way to the Station but ran out of time.

3 hours later, I was waiting for the train too....

My SO informed me it was about 22 years since I last went, it'll be the same before I go again.

If going Friday/Sat/Sun I am told it will be the Good Food show and expect HUGE crowds and associated traffic...
. Yes,I agree ,I can think of better things to spend my dosh on.eg, riding my bike (thumbs) AL
moto al
bimota

Post by bimota »

plus me went last monday,

in at 10am out at 1.15pm went round the lot 3 times in that show halve the size as normal
and if it hadn,t been for the 10 or so new bikes i wanted to see a waste of money
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I'm not bothering with it this year and haven't done for a few years now. Its been going downhill for years. You don't even get the bargains like you used to. I even have a free lift up next weekend if I want it and I'm still not going.
The glory days of this show was the 80's & 90's.... and in those days I was fit enough to always ride to it whatever the weather. Or maybe I just have my rose tinted specs on.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”