HISS Catalonia 2015

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Simon_100

Re: HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by Simon_100 »

Dutchgit wrote:Say hello to Jordi from us as well and tell him to put the beers in the fridge already ! :laugh:
Good to hear he's on the mend (thumbs)
Hi Ard,

Yes, we mentioned you too - as well as CHris wanting the same plot for the Vannimal - all sorted Chris (thumbs)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

Nice !
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
We were there yesterday for Sant Jordi (Sant George's day) to wish Jordi good health, etc.

I told him about our impressive numbers for September and that we have about a dozen 'Vets' coming and as a result I'd like to open up the numbers a bit - it's his camping so it's his call remember - and he said, "¡Si!" (in English from now on) "There has to be a limit . . . two-thousand!"

So, his hip is repaired but that sense of humour stays the same, I'm glad to say! (thumbs)

So, there's no 'top' limit - let the party roll!

Simon
I am guessing that is the 2000l beer consumption limit on the gathering....

Good to hear that Jordi still loves us, who could not? Gourmands the lot of us!

I am really looking forward to this and meeting up with everyone again. I am afraid I can still bore people speechless on the joys of the region. Several Road riders I know do not believe that there is anything better than the Alps, IMO, they might be wrong ;-) (thumbs)

BUT, and isn't there always one.... 2 elections in one year is more than body and soul can take, it is the first time I do not regret my lack of Spanish! :-( ;)
beany

Post by beany »

hi everybody just booked up with Simon to do my first hiss, and looking forward to it.
ferries are booked and i will be traveling down on my own at the mo,so if anybody wants
a riding buddy let me know.

cheers beany.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

beany wrote:hi everybody just booked up with Simon to do my first hiss, and looking forward to it.
ferries are booked and i will be traveling down on my own at the mo,so if anybody wants
a riding buddy let me know.

cheers beany.
Ferry booked?? Already??? This is FAR too organised behaviour! Which crossing, you may well find someone doing the same or similar route?

;-)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

It's really good to see you all having fun and getting exited while I've been beavering away striving on your behalf doing 'research' at a Spanish rally this weekend - 350 Km round trip* in one day 80% off road and about half of it coinciding with the most 'technical' of the HISS runs - the ones that feature in the video!

Team Maxitrail España in the Paddock for the night - note the Veradero Steve! :whistle:

Yes, the Spanish are capable of getting up at 06.00 - our team were through the starting gate at 07.35 (thumbs)

Many of you will recognise the Coll de Sant Quiri (1,700 metres) - we were supposed to photograph the view from the hermitage nearby but it was lost in the mist - not at trail to do in 0% visibility! - and common sense prevailed!

Ah yes, you can pick up a BMW 1150 GS out of a mud-hole . . .

One that didn't get away . . .

But life has its compensations . . .

. . . and of course breakfast this morning (thumbs)

Regs

Simon

* I'm first to admit I had to drop out after 198 kms - I haven't really ridden any trails since breaking my ankle and collar bone after exploring the Aragon HISS a year and a bit ago :( - but my mates finished the 'short' option (thumbs)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

SteveR

Post by SteveR »

It's really good to see you all having fun and getting exited while I've been beavering away striving on your behalf doing 'research' at a Spanish rally this weekend - 350 Km round trip* in one day 80% off road and about half of it coinciding with the most 'technical' of the HISS runs
Research huh??

Sounds like it was an awesome rideout Simon. Keep on with the beavering!! (thumbs)
BokitoJos

Post by BokitoJos »

Mi gusto mucho, no puedo esperar :woohoo:
Netherlands
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

BokitoJos wrote:Mi gusto mucho, no puedo esperar :woohoo:
Brilliant Jos!

¡Muy bien! - all you now need is a keyboard like mine :whistle:

Simon

BokitoJos

Post by BokitoJos »

¡Its there!
Netherlands

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”