HISS Catalonia 2015

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
SHarper

Re: Re: HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by SHarper »

Redmurty wrote:
Harper wrote:94 sleeps
that's if the ferry runs :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
We'll be in the van, "Chunneling"...
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Harper wrote:
Redmurty wrote:
Harper wrote:94 sleeps
that's if the ferry runs :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
We'll be in the van, "Chunneling"...
:cheer: :laugh: :laugh:
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
beany

Re: HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by beany »

talking of ferries who,s booked and which way. asking cause i,am thinking about changing
mine around.
cheers beany
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

beany wrote:talking of ferries who,s booked and which way. asking cause i,am thinking about changing
mine around.
cheers beany
Just looking at options now.... I was surprised how cabins are getting booked up for the w/e before on the BF to France routes!

Might take a cheaper crossing in the daytime and grab a F1 hotel for a night before an early start from the Port for the first day's travel.
FERDINAND PICK

Post by FERDINAND PICK »

FREE EU health card details.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare ... -ehic.aspx

I have just applied. Took 3 mins on line. Now to aquire an E111
FERDINAND PICK

Post by FERDINAND PICK »

I've opted for Bilbao as this gets in at 12.45 thur 3rd and gives me time to get off into the foothills and find me a campsite as i will have been fully refreshed after a late lay in and breakfast.
I'm catching the 11.45 2nd Sept Portsmouth to Bilbao and returning Bilbao to Portsmouth on 17th
Ferry cost £418 ( £35 now and the balance 6 weeks before you sail ) with a 2 man bunk cabin both ways.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Archie wrote:Good post Simon and all info very apt.

I wrote to you after you advised of a new account and await your new bank details to make my transfer of shekels to your beer fund....
Archie
Thanks Archie.

Regarding the 'beer fund' - more like our accountants champagne account :whistle: Anyway, done and dusted my good man.

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

FERDINAND PICK wrote:FREE EU health card details.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare ... -ehic.aspx
Thanks for that Ferdie, we all need a little 'nudge' every now and then - we renewed ours here at the local Seguridad Social to avoid queues at the office in the city where we live, only to remember too late that the cards are posted to our home address - where they festered in our letterbox for six useless weeks!

Meanwhile:
FERDINAND PICK wrote:I've opted for Bilbao as this gets in at 12.45 thur 3rd and gives me time to get off into the foothills and find me a campsite as i will have been fully refreshed after a late lay in and breakfast.
I'm catching the 11.45 2nd Sept Portsmouth to Bilbao and returning Bilbao to Portsmouth on 17th
Ferry cost £418 ( £35 now and the balance 6 weeks before you sail ) with a 2 man bunk cabin both ways.
A good one for you might be at Lumbier - just beyond Pamplona - after that you are clear of major roads and have a great mountain run before you to la Pobla. But of you make very good time then head on up the Salazar valley to Ochagavia, a better place in every respect.

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Micksea and anyone worrying about health insurance cover when trail riding abroad...as a general rule when your in a group unless the guy is real bangged up :woohoo: you get him either back to camp or the main road and his bike too..then call the emergency services and use e111 ..

Important bit..say you came off on loose gravel or it was wet or a animal came across the road (thumbs) ...on my recent france trip I came a cropper solo and got back to camp site with a dislocated and broken left wrist...the e111 covered me for 3 days in hospital and surgery etc..

You will only need more expensive cover if its a real bad ac (thumbs) ident in which case you werent paying attention..

Most third party insurance requires you inform them immediatley..how the hell do you know you need it? :P ...and very few if any cover you on the "trails"..but then again you are riding public highways as your required to have insurance etc for vehicle..

its a double edged sword..word it carefully and it all works..say te wrong thing and it`ll cost you dearly..
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Tramp wrote:its a double edged sword..word it carefully and it all works..say te wrong thing and it`ll cost you dearly..
Point taken Russ, but a thought for your companions - would you like to be implicated in someone else's attempted fraud?

Meanwhile, back to Bambi . . .

Maybe we're better off bimbling along on trails (thumbs)

Simon

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”