HISS Catalonia 2015

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Simon_100

Re: HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by Simon_100 »

Dutchgit wrote:We got home tonight after been a few very good days of trail riding at/with PhilinFrance

Sorry we didn't get to see/say goodbye to everyone.
I'll post up some pictures after I've gone through the 1500+ we've taken :woohoo:

Ta, Ard and Tessa
Wot - there's something better than three X-Countrys together - must be some kind of a record here in Spain (thumbs)

Can't wait for your photos after seeing a few previews on your camera ... :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Now the camping is almost deserted - apart from various mushroom hunters and locals enjoying the (damp) holiday weekend - the silence is almost eerie. My ribs are just about recovered form the laughter. So, a few faces from the memory banks and the handful of pix that I managed to get - sorry for the dozens who aren¡t here but you all had a great time and can post your own (thumbs)

Phil and Tess

Skippy, Freek and Mo

Jos and Freek

Really difficult, but here goes, from L to R: Peter (or Mikesea), Chubbyhooker, Ferdie, Mikesea (or Peter), Phil - almost totally obscured but for the exhausts on his Tenere, and Neil.

Bog boys on big toys: Phil (Roastbeef) on his KTM Adventure and Paul, aka, Skippy on his African Twin (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Spadger wrote:Cheers for a great HISS simon and polly , a good start to our Pyrenees tour , met some great people and enjoyed the crack , Jim and Pete if you want a little jaunt around Northumberland get in touch happy to show you around ,pm us your details I should have got them , now in Andorra checking out some trails and waiting for a hill climb event , us in the bus , John and Jayne
Hi John and Jayne - and welcome to the Forum methinks (thumbs)

It was great to meet you both and hear about your Pyrenean tour, etc.

Your combination of biking with climbing and hiking has had me thinking about this theme once again - i don't climb but often try to combine biking with hiking.

I've met a fair few bikers on tour with some limited climbing and/or hiking gear - including SteveM and the HISS as well as yourselves.

But the trouble for me is getting to the walks without having to take the bike and perhaps leave it, and all the riding gear, in precarious locations.

So it's occurred to me that another 'The Spanish Biker LLP' service would be to drive folks to and from the walks or climbs from a base camp. As you know Collegats is at the centre of a world renowned climbing area - and as I know, especially fro my guides at Casa Rafela, the walks, including long distance hikes, are amazing too.

As we have two vehicles there's the possibility of organising group whom we could transport both to climbs and walks, including long distance ines where we could rendez-vouz at the finish.

We've talked about this with several people but now we have the wherewithal to actually do it maybe it's a starter - tell me what you think - all of you!

Meanwhile, back to your Pyrenean trip - by MotorHome for other readers - here's the 'official' lowdown about on street camping, direct from the Guardia Civil, in English and with diagrams ...

Perhaps we'll meet again over the next few weeks? You have my phone number I think.

Regs

Simon

Spadger

Post by Spadger »

Cheers Simon, thanks for info the N332site is good for info for we travellers for sure. Yea I think a hopper service or similar could be a good idea , you know better than anyone the popularity of the GR routes etc , I know the equivalNt service for our coast to coast does a good trade shipping bags etc from place to place , I think your idea of a trans Pyrenean supported trip sounded a winner , you'd have a few takers for it I'm sure Colin my climbing bud was telling me of a couple of his mates who have done it but struggled re provisions etc . There'd be plenty of takers for that adventure, we are in Andorra at mo , a larger version of Skye me thinks with shops , up high doing some walking then going to do a trip over the old smugglers route and try to do something circular if poss. Although at mo getting beaten by hinder storms , catch you later ,
moto al

Post by moto al »

One more try
moto al
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Nice one John! (thumbs)

Back to the ranch, so to speak. We're striking camp now pretty much for the winter apart from a few weekends, so all that leaves are Archie and Mick DB1, who are setting off tomorrow, and Freek and Mo, who seem to have taken root :whistle:

A big conrast to last week:

Although Ard and Tess, who had arrived a week early, had set off by then, leaving 'The Strip' looking a bit gap-toothed :(

I don't have ay more pictures of around the camp as I only had time for our immediate neighbours, so any more from the rest of you guys and gals are more than welcome.

Regs

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

I'll be doing a thorough 'review' of the HISS later in the week when everyone has got home and posted a few reports - all the feedback I've had so far has been positive, but please don't hesitate to make to make comments for improvements, etc. - after all the HISS is only as good as the folks who come here and what they say matter to us a lot.

Meanwhle, we're jiust had a quick work with Jordi who is dead chuffed - especially about how it worked with the extra numbers. So, next year we're up for a max of 48-50 once again, which is as many as we can cope with too without it becoming like a convention :whistle:

A lot of folks are asking about dates, partly as I now understand that the Bilbao and Santader ferries have a limit f forty bikes per sailing. But at the moment I can't confirm the dates for next year until early next month. But the PROVISIONAL dates are September 12 - 16th, 2016.

Meanwhile I can confirm the dates for Aragon: MaY 23rd - 27th, 2016 (thumbs)

Regs

Simon

g00ner

Post by g00ner »

Three 450 Beemers too, rare sight

Outnumbered the KTM's in our little group for a change, joined by Patrick on his lovely owned from new 1986 XL600R

SteveR

Post by SteveR »

moto al wrote:Hi the iatola just phoned me he,s in St malo ,all the hotels are fully booked ,so the poor guy has to find a campsite ,he,s nackerd and stressed. .i just hope he gets himself sorted out.Al
I thought he seemed a tad.... annoyed, when I said i have got on the 23.30 ferry at Caen last night, a full 24hrs ahead of schedule!! :whistle: I had originally rescheduled for Sunday, 8.30am as I was feeling a bit grotty and pressed on for Caen, but Paul (beany) was paying megabucks for a hotel by the Harbour, so the 11 quid admin fee was money well spent.

Home in time for Sunday supper, BUT, I am cooking :-(
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Thanks to everyone for making the HISS such fine craic again. Another wonderful cosmopolitan affair. (thumbs)

Simon and Polly for "facilitating" the whole event and Jordi for hosting us.

All the "run leaders" who coped with a wide range of experience and ability during the week.

All the company and chefs during Al's dinner party events, with not one dose of food poisoning! Unlike the Lidl sandwich I had on Friday midday..... :(

See you next year ;)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”