HISS Catalonia 2015

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Roastbeef

Re: HISS Catalonia 2015

Post by Roastbeef »

Bit late, I know, but anyone looking to stay somewhere on the way through France check out my gaff at https://www.airbnb.fr/rooms/6711627?s=hmRa
You would be very welcome (you may have to cut and past that link to get it to work) or search Gasques, le pigeonnier on airbnb.
See you all v soon
Phil
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

iceclimber wrote:Am heading for the Odessa National Park where i'm planning to do a couple of days hiking before arriving at the HISS on the Sunday. (thumbs)
Stay at Camping Rio Ara in Torla. It's a brilliant camp site and right next to the village.

Get the bus in to the Canyon - they leave every 15 minutes form 06.00-isg and only cost a Euro!

Check out the hiking equipment shops - as the season is drawing to a close they will have some amazing bargains! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Roastbeef wrote:Bit late, I know, but anyone looking to stay somewhere on the way through France check out my gaff at https://www.airbnb.fr/rooms/6711627?s=hmRa
You would be very welcome (you may have to cut and past that link to get it to work) or search Gasques, le pigeonnier on airbnb.
See you all v soon
Phil
Looks the biz Phil - are you open next Easter Monday? Seriously! (thumbs)

Regs

Si
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

ReaperX wrote:Its such a shame Simon that I didn't know of the change of job int time for me to book a place on your tour, as I'm no longer working at Ducati this year, but no time now for getting into a long ride, but I'm all for next year :) (thumbs)

Wish you all a safe journey down and keep the pictures coming I will await them everyday.

Ride safe

Miq
Hola noi, fa molts de temps - com anem? Que pena que no pots asistir, pero la per propera vegada ets en la teva terra natal truce'm i fem unes miles fantástiques! (thumbs)

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SteveR wrote:Watch out for Ladies of the Night..... A mate and I were propositioned at the Annecy F1 a few years back, well, actually he was..... Nice chat up line mind, she was asking about the Bikes :whistle:
Or indeed the 'laddies' of the night too - or is it just the way I walk? :whistle:

Regs

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

iceclimber wrote:Have not made plans for my 2nd day through France yet, but probably gonna try to get close to Pau & camp.
The further south you go the prettier the country gets. I like to stay a bit east as it's nicer still and the roads more quiet, Bergerac, Agen, Auch, etc. and there are dozens of campings as well as municipal sites almost everywhere.

From Poitiers it's a toss-of-the-coin whether you head via Limoges or Angoulême - we ended up always doing the latter but I can't remember why! - and from both of these to Perigeaux

But there's a sort of developed area that runs parallel with the Pyrenees with Pau and Tarbes at the centre, so you either want to stop short of this or head beyond and in to the Pyrenees. But of you did that you'd be tempted to make it all the way to Torla - but that may be pushing it a bit - or leave yourself with a very short day getting there.

If you like to have somewhere specific to aim for then how about these two ideas: if you like towns then the municipal site in Auch is great - it's in the middle of a duck pond by the river! - otherwise there's a nice very rural site at Cezán near Castera-Verduzan. The site at C-V is great but a bit spoiled by rat-running truck traffic in the night :(

Another plan altogether: the municipal camp at St Jean Pied-de-Port. It's a lovely little site located within the old town walls - actually in a 'killing field' between some Vauban style parapets - so although it's a two minute stroll to he shops, cafés the camping is a quiet as a er, graveyard!

The great thing about St J de P-de-P is that you start a run down he Pyrenees by taking the Irati route, then into Spain over Larreu, then back to France over Pierre de Martin, then back into Spain over Candanchu ...

Nurse, more medication please! :whistle:

Regs

Simon

Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Roastbeef wrote:Bit late, I know, but anyone looking to stay somewhere on the way through France check out my gaff at https://www.airbnb.fr/rooms/6711627?s=hmRa
See you all v soon
Phil
Do you know the one about a Pigeon and a Kangaroo....... come to the HISS and you'll soon find out ;)

Looks good mate (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
moto al

Post by moto al »

Hi Simon ,pm sent,I hope this one works.regards Al (thumbs)
moto al
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

moto al wrote:Hi Simon ,pm sent,I hope this one works.regards Al (thumbs)
Don't worry your tree is still there (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
MR X

Post by MR X »

Simon

I will not be attending the HISS .

I have thought long and hard about this .But what used to be a fun none profit
event has turn into a money making event.
Now running under the English LLP registered company. (trust me if some thing was to happen , you will still have your butt sued ,along with any one leading that group out on that day. )

Now as a LLP organising events in Spain ,You will be showing all who attend
your event, a copy of your PLI (Public Liability Insurance ) or have it up for all to see.

I also feel that you should be telling all that attend , should something go wrong that they should tell the local authorities that they are on an event run by you and your company, as well as informing there insurance companies.
As this will help them in the event of trying to make a claim. This will also prevent them from having there claim dismissed for false reporting ,Should it be found out at a later date .

And now running this event As a LLP company I think its time for you to give ABR some return for all the Free advertising they have kindly given you over the last few years .

I also feel that your attitude towards the racist bullying of one of your paying clients
last year was unforgivable. Even though the person in question just laughed it off.

I do wish all that attend to have fun and a safe trip

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”