Aragón HISS 2015: the ‘Official’ Ride Report

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
JonnyBravo

Re: Aragón HISS 2015: the ‘Official’ Ride Report

Post by JonnyBravo »

Routes form the north would be gratefully received -
3 of us are coming out of Caen on the saturday morning - if you can recommend anywhere to stopover that would also be coolio!

make the routes slow so the odd one out on his KTM can keep up :whistle:
When nothing is going right - go left
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

wait for me wrote:Routes form the north would be gratefully received -
3 of us are coming out of Caen on the saturday morning - if you can recommend anywhere to stopover that would also be coolio!

make the routes slow so the odd one out on his KTM can keep up :whistle:
I'm not sure about the route but you'll get a great welcome at Motobreaks - HISS maniacs all (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
herman

Post by herman »

Gavinskii wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:Hi,

Just a reminder for people trying ti register by PM, you need to use the contact form on my blog

Cheers - we're getting very nearly full now (thumbs)

Simon
This was prompted by a bloke is called 'Tetley' but doesn't seem to be an this forum as his messages are from 'Guest', so he doesn't seem to be seeing my replies. Anyone out there know who he is'

Regs

Simon
Hi Simon, it's a friend of mine (who is also a regular on here) trying to book for himself and his wife.
I believe he is in rural Scotland currently and may not be getting full access.

I can vouch for him, give you any info you need and pay his fees if required.

In the meantime I have sent him text and email msg's so he should be able to resolve these otherwise don't hesitate to email me (I probably confused the issue by sharing your recent email with him :silly: )

Cheers

Gavin
Simon, Gavin has replied (look up) :kiss:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

herman wrote:
Gavinskii wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:

Just a reminder for people trying ti register by PM, you need to use the contact form on my blog

Simon
This was prompted by a bloke is called 'Tetley' but doesn't seem to be an this forum as his messages are from 'Guest', so he doesn't seem to be seeing my replies. Anyone out there know who he is'

Regs

Simon
Hi Simon, it's a friend of mine (who is also a regular on here) trying to book for himself and his wife.

In the meantime I have sent him text and email msg's so he should be able to resolve these otherwise don't hesitate to email me (I probably confused the issue by sharing your recent email with him :silly: )

Cheers

Gavin
Thanks Herman,

Got that now, I'll mail Gavin and get it sorted - meanwhile 'Tetley' is on the list anyway - now riunning at 31 (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
herman wrote:
Gavinskii wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:

Simon

Regs

Simon

Cheers

Gavin
Thanks Herman,

Got that now, I'll mail Gavin and get it sorted - meanwhile 'Tetley' is on the list anyway - now riunning at 31 (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Simon AFAIK this should be Mr & Mrs Tetley who will both be attending and riding some nice vintage bikes which Moto Al will definitely approve of B)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Gavinskii wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:
herman wrote:
Gavinskii wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:

Simon

Regs

Simon

Cheers

Gavin
Thanks Herman,

Regs

Simon
Simon AFAIK this should be Mr & Mrs Tetley who will both be attending and riding some nice vintage bikes which Moto Al will definitely approve of B)
Thanks Gav,

I'll add Mrs Tetley to the list - there are several couples coming which will be great - some from the TRF in a certain west Country location - I hope we're not duplicating folks here?

Meanwhile - some for Al:
ALTR10_classicdakar_2015-01-08.png
ALTR10_classicdakar_2015-01-08.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1094 times
Boxing day meet here . . .

. . . and the amazing Jean-Marc at last years Catalonia HISS

Regs

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

. . . Plus a little reminder for you at the catalonia Gavin - the artwork is from Ard, aka 'Dutchgit' - clever guy
Gavmemory.jpg
Gavmemory.jpg (77.96 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
. . . you can just breathe that air (thumbs)
Regs

Simon

Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

No duplication Simon, Tetley is a northerner (compared to me - usual habitation is more Peak District)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

peterpan241 wrote:So that the journey there does not become overpowering - I don't fancy 750 miles over 2 days, it is a holiday after all!

I am looking to travel Friday 8th Portsmouth 17.00- Bilbao Saturday 17.30 and returning Saturday 16th Santander 20.30 - Portsmouth Sunday 19.45.

The cost as a solo bike & rider in a inside bunk-bedded cabin both ways is £448.
If someone was looking to travel the same and share an outside twin-bedded cabin this would be reduced to £378.

I've priced it putting 2 bikes in my van but it's another £142 return

The mileage to the campsite is approx. 350 miles via a scenic route inc. Parc Natural Bardenas Reales. My intention was stay overnight near Logrono ( approx. 100 miles from Bilbao) and then all day Sunday to meander the 250 miles to the campsite.
Anybody interested in joining me or suggestions?
Hi,

just a quick note. the camping at Tudela is really just a bungalow park, PaulS and Stanbloke were lucky to get an empty plot there a year or so back. But the camping at Ejea, to the east of the Bardena is OK, a bit 'caravanny' but at least the bar/restaurant are great :) Brehnden stayed there last year - note that he is attractive to mosquitoes as almost no other person I've ever met - must be all that cider he makes/drinks :)

Simon

peterpan241

Post by peterpan241 »

Thanks Simon,
As the Boat doesn't dock until 17.30 my thought was Vitoria, onto the A132 to Santa Cruz De Campezo, then onto the Na129 direction Los Arcos and stay at http://www.campingacedo.com/ (approx. 75 miles)
The Sunday's 275 mile to base Camp onto Semsa, Lodosa,
Na 134 Calahorra and I'd like to take in some of the Bardenas Reales Desert (route advice needed)
Na 134 Calahorra, N122 Magallon, Ainzon,
A1301 Illueca, A1503 Mores, El Frasno, Codos,
A1505 Mainar, N330 Daroca, N234 Calamocha,
TE V9011 Cella, A1512 Albarracin, A1703 Teriente
Any ammendments gratefully received
Adventure before Dementia

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”