Aragón HISS 2015: the ‘Official’ Ride Report

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
oilcan

Re: Aragón HISS 2015: the ‘Official’ Ride Report

Post by oilcan »

Mr X nice looking bike i take it this is your idea of going away from orange :lol: or have you got maradonna staying over for christmas :silly:

Simon it looks like fairly smooth trails is it all like that down their, but it looks nice scenery though have to agree there.

Chris
moto al

Post by moto al »

Hi Simon & polly . Please send my best wishes to jordi .i received this email today.ps see you all in September .have a good un .Al
image_2014-12-19-7.jpg
image_2014-12-19-7.jpg (124.03 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
Also Mr x I only hope you have a great supply ,of fuel. ;) ok I know you dinae like the scots. :whistle: :whistle: xxxx
moto al
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

oilcan wrote:Mr X nice looking bike i take it this is your idea of going away from orange :lol: or have you got maradonna staying over for christmas :silly:

Simon it looks like fairly smooth trails is it all like that down their, but it looks nice scenery though have to agree there.

Chris
Hi Chris,

The trails there are what you make of them, most are indeed smooth but as ever there are loose surfaces and some extremely so - just ask a few 'vets' about "marbles" :whistle: - and of course I am obliged to say that the speed limit is 40 KPH but, as you may guess from Mick's video, sometimes you can see up to 1,000 metres ahead . . .

Take a look at this:

BTW - that's not the surface of the Moon but it is a space observatory! Having just got back from West Sussex I'm still recovering from claustrophobia :whistle:

Regs

Simon

PS - if you follow my routes it's a 200 km round trip from the base camp to that summit - all on trails!
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

Another video of Chris Tylers. I have chopped all the good bits out, I am joking of course. Please bare in mind I dont know what I am doing with the editing but I/we appreciated all Simon and Pollys efforts in this 2014 event so anything than can help the 2015 is hopefully a return of help. The trails are mostly easy, even for a big 1200, it may of course rain or be wet. This can alter the trails bigtime. The videos may look fast or slower than you may want to go. The rider/film-maker was safe and well at the end of 5 days and did not fall. We all were knackerd in the evenings. The trails are beautiful and so is the scenery. If yer ride a bit slower you can see it better. A very BIG THANKS to Spanish Johnny and Ian for leading
Heres the link

fouramigos.jpg
fouramigos.jpg (96.32 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Thanks for that Mick, you've brought back great memories for me! I rode all of those trails alone in 2013 after my friend Miguel Angel had to go back to work - the sense of isolation and freedom was amazing.

You've really caught the scale of the landscape, those big trails just go on and on and on and all you do is grin and grin and grin :)

Incidentally, the junction where the film ended is the start of a very technical short detour to the village ahead of you - and, now for 2015, the new venue is at the end of the next trail section, about 25kms, which starts just 50 metres from the gate of the camping (thumbs)

Keep 'em coming Mick!

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Enjoyed that, thanks for posting and looking forward to this.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Mickdb1 wrote:
fouramigos.jpg
Nice summer pic, meanwhile the Big News on local TV was the snowstorm in Derbeyshire - arriving here tonight! - of course the sniwflakes will be bigger there (thumbs)

Regs

Simon.

jonah

Post by jonah »

im getting the ferry from dover to calais then wandering through France as ive never been there before so nows my chance i cant wait !!!!!
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

jonah wrote:im getting the ferry from dover to calais then wandering through France as ive never been there before so nows my chance i cant wait !!!!!
I'd better leave it to the French experts for that part of the trip - apart from saying that the run from Calais to Rouen avoids a lot of turmoil and that France gets better the further south you go :)

Great to hear about your trip.

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Mornin' all and happy New Year,

I've just mailed everyone I have on my list to confirm and pay for the Aragon HISS - so if you haven't had a mail from me get in touch now using the contact form on my blog.

Note too that I'm incorporating all of the HISS details on the main blog, and will delete the 'HISS3013' blog altogether in time.

This is because I'm starting my own business based on The Spanish Biker. I'll be doing guided rides and support for Pyrenean adventures, i.e. you rode you bikes 'lite' along the Pyrenean trails - basically the RB5 route, while I carry your luggage ahead of you to the next camp site - simple but like all good ideas, pure genius (thumbs)

Regs

Simon

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”