Aragón HISS 2015: the ‘Official’ Ride Report

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
BokitoJos

Re: Aragón HISS 2015: the ‘Official’ Ride Report

Post by BokitoJos »

Evening' all and happy New Year to all of you,

Still alive, however not in the Aragon event but planning on the Catalunya event.

best regards
Jos
Netherlands
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

BokitoJos wrote:Evening' all and happy New Year to all of you,

Still alive, however not in the Aragon event but planning on the Catalunya event.

best regards
Jos
Hi Jos,

Great to hear from you - you're now on the Catalonia list, which is looking quite healty too (thumbs).

Ard aka Dutchgit, and Tess should be there too, they're Dutch but live in Germany, not sure how close to you they are though :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Hi,

Just a reminder for people trying ti register by PM, you need to use the contact form on my blog

Cheers - we're getting very nearly full now (thumbs)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

peterpan241

Post by peterpan241 »

So that the journey there does not become overpowering - I don't fancy 750 miles over 2 days, it is a holiday after all!

I am looking to travel Friday 8th Portsmouth 17.00- Bilbao Saturday 17.30 and returning Saturday 16th Santander 20.30 - Portsmouth Sunday 19.45.

The cost as a solo bike & rider in a inside bunk-bedded cabin both ways is £448.
If someone was looking to travel the same and share an outside twin-bedded cabin this would be reduced to £378.

I've priced it putting 2 bikes in my van but it's another £142 return

The mileage to the campsite is approx. 350 miles via a scenic route inc. Parc Natural Bardenas Reales. My intention was stay overnight near Logrono ( approx. 100 miles from Bilbao) and then all day Sunday to meander the 250 miles to the campsite.
Anybody interested in joining me or suggestions?
Adventure before Dementia
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

The Spanish Biker wrote:Hi,

Just a reminder for people trying ti register by PM, you need to use the contact form on my blog

Simon
This was prompted by a bloke is called 'Tetley' but doesn't seem to be an this forum as his messages are from 'Guest', so he doesn't seem to be seeing my replies. Anyone out there know who he is'

Regs

Simon

Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

peterpan241 wrote:So that the journey there does not become overpowering - I don't fancy 750 miles over 2 days, it is a holiday after all!

I am looking to travel Friday 8th Portsmouth 17.00- Bilbao Saturday 17.30 and returning Saturday 16th Santander 20.30 - Portsmouth Sunday 19.45.

The cost as a solo bike & rider in a inside bunk-bedded cabin both ways is £448.
If someone was looking to travel the same and share an outside twin-bedded cabin this would be reduced to £378.

I've priced it putting 2 bikes in my van but it's another £142 return

The mileage to the campsite is approx. 350 miles via a scenic route inc. Parc Natural Bardenas Reales. My intention was stay overnight near Logrono ( approx. 100 miles from Bilbao) and then all day Sunday to meander the 250 miles to the campsite.
Anybody interested in joining me or suggestions?
Is there a reclining seat option on that ferry, much cheaper than a cabin?
I've just booked a relining seat on the Tuesday ferry as it arrives at tea time and will book a cheap hotel a few mile from Santander. Then have a very leisurely ride down over the next four days.
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:Hi,

Simon
This was prompted by a bloke is called 'Tetley' but doesn't seem to be an this forum as his messages are from 'Guest', so he doesn't seem to be seeing my replies. Anyone out there know who he is'

Regs

Simon
Hi Simon, it's a friend of mine (who is also a regular on here) trying to book for himself and his wife.
I believe he is in rural Scotland currently and may not be getting full access.

I can vouch for him, give you any info you need and pay his fees if required.

In the meantime I have sent him text and email msg's so he should be able to resolve these otherwise don't hesitate to email me (I probably confused the issue by sharing your recent email with him :silly: )

Cheers

Gavin
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
peterpan241

Post by peterpan241 »

[quote="Bart1" post=393518
I've just booked a relining seat on the Tuesday ferry as it arrives at tea time and will book a cheap hotel a few mile from Santander. Then have a very leisurely ride down over the next four days.[/quote]

No reclining seat option on the Cap Finistere boat
Adventure before Dementia
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

peterpan241 wrote:[quote="Bart1" post=393518
I've just booked a relining seat on the Tuesday ferry as it arrives at tea time and will book a cheap hotel a few mile from Santander. Then have a very leisurely ride down over the next four days.
No reclining seat option on the Cap Finistere boat[/quote]

I once phoned up a few years ago and was told they do shared cabins, these do not appear on the web site. May be worth a call.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Bart1 wrote:
peterpan241 wrote:[quote="Bart1" post=393518
No reclining seat option on the Cap Finistere boat
I once phoned up a few years ago and was told they do shared cabins, these do not appear on the web site. May be worth a call.[/quote]

I've heard that too - it's not available on the Internet . . .

Meanwhile, I have a few ideas about routes down from the north coast or the Pyrenees - I'll be riding down from there, probably on the Saturday but nothing fixed, and have some amazing routes up my sleeve if anyone wants to come with me . . .

Regs

Simon

PS anyone know the mystery man ''Tetley' ?

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”