Aragón HISS 2015: the ‘Official’ Ride Report

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
peterpan241

Re: Aragón HISS 2015: the ‘Official’ Ride Report

Post by peterpan241 »

SteveR & myself missed all the disruption by the look of it, we're in Bordeaux tonight & after a sumptuous/ overindulgent petite dejeuner will be Pyrenees bound. Any news on Larrau pass?
Adventure before Dementia
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Harper wrote:We've taken Wills advice and are now firmly ensconced in the Camponile. I've washed the sick out of my shirt, Spuds had a shower, we're poised for an earlyish set off, not going to try and do it in one go, we'll see you when we see you but we'll keep you abreast of progress. TTFN
Good men you both! Be ready to strip pff a layer or two - it's going to be over 30º here! (thumbs)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Been know to whip my kitoff before now :angry:

cheers Spud :P
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
WillS

Post by WillS »

peterpan241 wrote:SteveR & myself missed all the disruption by the look of it, we're in Bordeaux tonight & after a sumptuous/ overindulgent petite dejeuner will be Pyrenees bound. Any news on Larrau pass?
Sounds like you are having the best journey so far.
The Pass over Larrau is still closed, so I would use the Col Pierre St Martin, this one is definatley open.
Hope the weather is ok, but you may get a bit of rain as you cross the Pyrenees.
Good luck.

Will
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

peterpan241 wrote:SteveR & myself missed all the disruption by the look of it, we're in Bordeaux tonight & after a sumptuous/ overindulgent petite dejeuner will be Pyrenees bound. Any news on Larrau pass?
Still closed and snowing according to the Spanish D of T

Waiting for the weather now but here in Spain it's warm . . .

See you chaps this afternoon :)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

WillS

Post by WillS »

All packed and ready to set off accross the Pyrenees to meet Simon in Ainsa, the start of the Magnificent, 3 / 5 or 7.
Beautiful day for it. B)
Will & Graham
image_2015-05-09.jpg
image_2015-05-09.jpg (69.53 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Its OK, we don't do rain, so ordered the wonderful weather especially for everyone..... CU all soon. Ta for update on pass, sat nav duly advised!! ;-)
Roastbeef

Post by Roastbeef »

Paul is on his way down to meet me, then we head across the pyrenees to Collegats, where we keep Polly company then head off to Aragon Sunday, have a safe ride everyone, see you soon Phil and Paul.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Roastbeef wrote:Paul is on his way down to meet me, then we head across the pyrenees to Collegats, where we keep Polly company then head off to Aragon Sunday, have a safe ride everyone, see you soon Phil and Paul.
Whoops. I told Polly to expect a 'Chris'

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

At Ainsa now. 17 in the shade and I'm shivering!

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”