cant believe nowt going on

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tonibe63

Re: cant believe nowt going on

Post by Tonibe63 »

Got to get the bathroom finished before the summer starts so I can get out :( .
Last weekend we put 2 bikes in the back of the van and drove up to The Peaks for a couple of days. It is a World away from the GS but when riding slower you see much more instead of looking for speed cameras and you tend to choose smaller/quieter road.
I'd forgotten how much you can see in The Peaks within a relatively close proximity
Just a few pics taken during 165 miles over 2 days

Carsington Water

Aviator Bistro

Cafe next to Tissington Hall

Overlooking Eyam

Monsal Head

Mam Tor

Winnats Pass

Ladybower Resevoir
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

Current plan is to head out tomorrow (Saturday)through Balloch and on to Inverarary, weather forecast is good.
Brads

Post by Brads »

Whats a bank holiday ?
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

What's the Alton river run?
Happiness has 125cc ...
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Got to be up and away tomorrow morning. Meeting up with the Trumpet owners club at the services on the A1 at Peterborough. Then on to a gathering of bikes in the centre on town for a bit of a bike show and tell leading up to the BMF rally.

Zener diode fried on the bike Wednesday night, New rectifier / regulator arrived today and was fitted. All good. No more lecky problems. Bike still ran OK on the Mag. Yep it has both Mag and alternator. Now that's what I call a backup system. It was a factory option in 63 to keep a mag.
OK I know, AC and DC. :lol: :lol:
mr_diver

Post by mr_diver »

I'm in south wales too this weekend... well duh, i live there, but i'll be stuck in a fecking tile shop working. and not happy about it either.

Cant complain too much off for two weeks all round Scotland leaving on the 18th may.

but there does seem to be more pish talking and less of the going out... come on summer is here. blink and you'll miss it, it this saturday then back to lovely winter for monday.
The Rantings of A Crazed Lunatic.

west coast ratter

Post by west coast ratter »

bike show and jumble on @ peebles drill hall on sunday 4th may (thumbs)
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

heading down to your neck of the woods for the weekend Tramp going to the sub museum and docks perhaps New Forest.anything else? normally just pass through on the way to continent
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

Was supposed to be at the Taffy organised it all for 6 of us. But a set back with a broken kneecap in feb an extra opp some steel bars and yet more leg casts means I haven't been riding since November! :(:(:(

I now know what it's like to be a fair weather biker!

But am signed off to drive this week so the car is loaded for a camping weekend with the family.

20 more degrees of leg bend to go and some leg building exercises will hopefully see me back on 2 wheels in the next 8 weeks. :woohoo::woohoo:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Family stuff for me all weekend....but I might get half a day to clear out my garage.

No rides though.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”