wilts muddy weekend...camping & trails..

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi Folks..

well as last years attempt failed due to waterlogged camp site we are having another go again this year :whistle: ..dosent look good so far but its a way off ..BASED NEAR Devises/Marlborough

we have two ride out groups...one led by me which will be the muddier affair (thumbs) the both suitable for bigger bikes with easier trails led by Tomsdad..not that mine are extreme..

each group is 6 max inc the leader..where we ride is not decided as the weather will be a decider as a lot of the trails are water logged some under 3 feet of water and temp tro`s expected due to errosion..
But fear not :woohoo: fun will be had ..falls etc all around gorgeous wiltshire ..

WARNING..WE HAVE CHALK DOWN HERE :woohoo: :woohoo: :S :pinch: ..

http://www.threemagpies.co.uk

we are booked in here..and have 2 tables reserved for saturday night food etc..in Devizes there is plenty of shops, food stores [morrisons] and some chip shops for the friday night ..i`d suggest stopping off on way to campsite for the later arrrivals..as it hepub get very busy (thumbs)

Arrival Friday afternoon/evening ..trails saturday..sunday go home dirty and happy..
Friday night food up to folks ..but I recommend we book a table or two for the saturday night as both spots are popular..

dates... :P :P April 11th -13th..so weekend before Easter..

we have the salisbury plain near by..the Fosseway and numerous other woods and general rutted tracks..
The Ridgeway is still closed but thats Boring :ohmy: ..

So ..
for my group you need experience and knobblys..nothing real technical so big bike friendly..the GS with sticky out engines will struggle on the ruts so not advised..also spare inner tubes and a sence of fun..\Lunch will be enroute..

Tomsdad - is doing a gentle ride around sailsbury plain byeways so very big bike friendly..again "dualsport tyres" tkc etc not tourance :woohoo:

this sort of thing can happen...

http://s92.photobucket.com/user/redbike ... t=3&page=1

but I do try to avoid the deeper puddles :P :whistle: ..NO OXO DROVE ETC

I am taking provisional places..and unless the campsites are closed it will go ahead..please only say yes if your certain and payment is too campsite/pub on arrival..i will confirm food numbers to pub 2 weeks before..only fair folks..

Tramp
bigZed [KTM 950]
Phil-huges [ttr 250] and Brother
Stewie [te410]
Hommer + bonnybird [cr250]

Track017.gpx
(18.11 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Track019.gpx
(22.29 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Tomsdad [xtz660]
Shrek [gs1200]
Scottnet (xt660)
Tea007 [ktm990]

space left in Tomsdads group..no deep mudd plugging on this ride unless requested.

so we have a big bike run..a enduro bog/mudd run <<<<<FULL>>>>>>>>
Shrek

Re: wilts muddy weekend...camping & trails..

Post by Shrek »

Hi this looks like it is going to be a great weekend can I please provisionally put my name down for Tomsdad group depending on his requirements as I will be on a GSA (with sticky out engines).

Cheers Daren
Big Zed

Post by Big Zed »

Count me in Russ. Mad and muddy group for me please. The bike is still spread all around the garage but will be in one piece way before then.

Cheers.
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Muddy for me please :) don't worry about the weather, it's not like April is known for showers..... :laugh:

The Golden Swan gets my vote (thumbs) , good to see they are advertising their Christmas menu :) :)

I will sort a return trip for the Surrey hills :)

Thanks Stewie.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ok folks .,,thanks for showing support..
Tomsdad

Post by Tomsdad »

Hi Guy's.
I will be taking my group on the the all weather hardpack tracks on and around the Plain.
Really aimed at the bigger bikes with dual sport tyres,we will visit all the sites you see in the many ride reports.
There will be plenty of photo/food/fuel/talk bullsh!t stops as I will plan the route depending how everyone is getting on.
One thing I can promise.....NO CHALK (thumbs)

Cheers,
Andy.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

cheers Andy..you always put on a good ride for the big boys :kiss: ..

okay..given it some more thought and if we use the Golden swan they do rooms for the folk who dont camp inc breakfast...you`d need to book it yourselves ..I will phone the pub tomorrow so dont all rush just yet :laugh: :laugh: ..

For my group we wont be on the plain instead i`ll sort some proper green lanes and if folk agree we can do a pre breakfast trails from site to a nice cafe for breakfast.. Burbage..if Tomsdad group agree[ wont take much :P ] as I owe him a big breakfast you could ride by scenic road or lite trail to the cafe too..

I could call into cafe Andy and sort the booking out so they know we are coming :woohoo: ..

and a special treat :S for the hampshire folk on the sunday how`s about a trail ride back to winchester across some nice byeways (thumbs) ..loaded of coarse..leaving camp when we are ready and you will soon be awake....
Tomsdad

Post by Tomsdad »

Cheers Russ,get that café booked as I can taste that bacon roll already (thumbs)

Daren...sticky out engines will be fine in my group and it will be nice to meet up again.
Bongoman

Post by Bongoman »

Looks good , hopefully I'll be there
Shrek

Post by Shrek »

Andy it will be good to meet up again, I was just checking but I'm also happy to go looking for mud depending on the rest of the group. But like you said you can always change your route on the day :)

Cheers Daren

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”