HU Curried Lamb meat (Meet) 25th-27th April 2014

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Paul

HU Curried Lamb meat (Meet) 25th-27th April 2014

Post by Paul »

HU CURRIED LAMB MEET.
TAKODA CAMPING KIRKBY STEPHEN, CUMBRIA. CA17 4AP.
FRI 25th-27th APRIL 2014

This is our very first HU meet and we as fellow travelers would like you all to come and see what this outstanding area has to offer.
Takoda Camping is located along the bank of the river Eden, just five minutes walk from the market town of Kirkby Stephen which offers shopping, fuel, restaurants, cafe's and a good selection of pubs.
We are very lucky to be geographically situated between the Lakes district, Yorkshire dales and the north Pennines which offer some of the best scenery and riding roads that the UK has to offer.

The "Curried Lamb meet" is going to be a laid back affair starting on Friday where everybody is welcome, overland 4x4, motorcycles and bicycles. We hope you will meet friends new and old around our bonfire, stay on the site or sample the pubs and food in Kirkby Stephen.
Saturday we will organize various ride outs and will be looking for a few volunteers with local knowledge to lead these, on and off road.
Following what will hopefully be a great experience riding the twisty Cumbrian roads and passes we have a well known traveler "Bernard Smith" who will host a wonderful presentation about "A blind woman, two wheels and 25,000 miles"

During the evening the "Curried Lamb" will come into it's own as we will be serving a selection of delicious curry to help the night along and will have another bonfire to relax and take it all in.

Sunday most people are packing up ready for work on the Monday but you are welcome to stay as long as you like.

The cost of the weekend is,
Camping £8 per person per night, includes free showers.
Breakfast sandwiches and hot drinks are available every morning from our camp reception/shop.
Evening Curry £10
Free WiFi is available

Takoda is a small family run site with limited spaces and I would be grateful if you could express you intention of interest on this thread.

We look forward to meeting you,
Paul & Maria

Attendees:

1. Bernard Smith
2. Optimisery
3. Lolo & Scott
4. Pete & Sharon (RtM)
5. Cowling & maybe Lisa
6. Africa John, maybe
7. Whippet
8. Sidestand & chris
9. Mike and Margeret Hingley
10. Harry M & Co
11. ElleHU
12.Steve T
13. Touring Ted (maybe)
14. Billybusa
15. Jed54
16. JumboSi
17. Cannylad, tracy & the hound
18. Andy J Gray
19. Srompet +1
20. Andy & Maya
21. Shrek +1
22. sloth
23. Old Git Ray
24. Gorden
25. Mr and Mrs Midlife
26. Africa John
27. Kito
Willandkate

Re: HU Curried Lamb meat (Meet) 25th-27th April 2014

Post by Willandkate »

Nice one Paul

Nor sure if we'll make it up there but good on ya for giving it a go. Maybe you should change it to Curried Goat to make it sound more adventurous?! (thumbs)
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk
Paul

Post by Paul »

I havn't got any goats :evil: it's a long way but it would be great too see you both :)
Willandkate

Post by Willandkate »

Paul wrote:I havn't got any goats :evil: it's a long way but it would be great too see you both :)
What you are sacrificing a sweet little lamb in an effort to entice people to your event? What about Curried potatoes and carrot or haven't you got any of them either? :P
sheep.png
sheep.png (59.36 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk
Paul

Post by Paul »

Willandkate wrote:
Paul wrote:I havn't got any goats :evil: it's a long way but it would be great too see you both :)
What you are sacrificing a sweet little lamb in an effort to entice people to your event? What about Curried potatoes and carrot or haven't you got any of them either? :P
sheep.png
I hope it is sweet, and tender (licks his lips)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'm just trying to think of a reason why anyone with the potential to lift a lamb from a field within a mile or two of home would make things difficult by opting to try to find a stray goat?
Paul

Post by Paul »

AndyB wrote:I'm just trying to think of a reason why anyone with the potential to lift a lamb from a field within a mile or two of home would make things difficult by opting to try to find a stray goat?
I actually just need to lean over the fence :laugh: you know what these southern monkeys are like.
Will is from soooo far down south, Australia actually, think the ride home did his brain in. His book is good though http://www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk/

See you can take the p**s and do a good turn :)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'm too lazy to go sheep rustling and have all the hassle of butchering the poor little things but I've got the advantage of stopping right over the road from Plumgarths farm shop at the moment so good quality meat is readily available :)
Tim Cullis

Post by Tim Cullis »

Pity, I will be away on travels, but it sounds a great idea, so have a free bump.
"For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
and enlarges the world in which you live," Irving Mather (1892-1966)

Access the Morocco Knowledgebase
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

Is there a veggie option...

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”