Wales Winter Exploration 2013/14

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
mr_diver

Wales Winter Exploration 2013/14

Post by mr_diver »

Taken directly from my post on V-Strom Owners UK Forum but, Ok the basic info is this:

I'm planning on exploring Mid and West Wales more this winter to find a few trails and fun roads for next year's un-manly motorbike season eg. Summer (if one happens :shrug: )

I work allot of weekends so may bugger off mid week for the day.
When I do get a Saturday or Sunday off i'm going to rope Milz into coming with me :teasing-poke:

Thanks to Locksmith for sending me the link to someone's adventure on the ABR forum around the Elan Valley area I'm glued to Google Earth finding bits in that area I want to explore.
I also want to explore more of the area between Haverfordwest- St davids- Carmarthen- Aberearon. When i did the route planning for ST5 and for this summer's FatRat's weekend I found loads of new places and I'm sure I have only scratched the surface.

Yes I know it's winter and it can be 15degrees and sunny one day and a frozen wasteland the next, but I will be planning only a few days in advance and If the weather turns against us it'll be a no go :bawl:
I have no desire to be riding in 6inches of snow (again)

So all I'm asking for is for anyone interested to reply here and I'll try and keep a list on this post of who's game and when I get a day off arranged and the weather looks favorable I'll PM everyone on the list and see who responds.
I will be riding trails, but If people don't want to do them I'll either find a ride around or not ride the trail.
It will not be an organized run, we will get lost, and it will rain
I live in Port Talbot, but meeting places and times are flexible.
I would not be planning to leave before 9am and be home by 4pm so we'd only be riding in daylight.

If you intend to join me you will need:
A bike (various makes and models are available, V-Strom 650 K4-6 & Blue favored :neen: )
Waterproofs
Mobile phone
SatNav
Flask
Your own food!
A sense of adventure

As it stands: (some may be 'not from round here' - just to save me keeping 2 lists)
Me (mr_diver)
Milz (will be up for it when i tell him)
Locky (Locksmith)
imindoors

1andy90
fatbert
PaulinBont
The Rantings of A Crazed Lunatic.

1andy90

Re: Wales Winter Exploration 2013/14

Post by 1andy90 »

Hi, I'd be up for some of this. I live near Crosshands, Carmarthen. I have a Transalp 650 and am available mid week also (early retirement!)
Doug
Doug
mr_diver

Post by mr_diver »

I'll add you to the list mate.

The next 2 weeks i've dedicated to doing some more assembly on my CX-500ec, but will be looking at where to go soon enough.

I also used to work in Crosshands a few years back.

fatbert

Post by fatbert »

yeah - could be up for this

Available mid week [Sun-Wednesday]

Based in Tenby but willing to travel

R1150GS might be a bit heavy though?
mr_diver

Post by mr_diver »

Cool.

1150gs would be fine, as i said i won't plan on doing any trails if people don't want to do them.

fatbert

Post by fatbert »

Some light stuff would be fine by me

There are some "tidy" roads around these parts - but even better if you go slightly north west including some "little known" beauties!!

Just let me know where/when?

[email protected]
mr_diver

Post by mr_diver »

I have organized a few meets based in St Davids done all the route planning for rides, taking in routes along the west, north west coasts and inland from Narberth up to Fishguard, taking in Llys-y-fran dam.

Near Narberth there are some nice fords, tracks and lanes that i wall ride as and when i get to arrange a day.

So far my days off have consisted of High Winds and rain, getting called into work to sort problems one of the other managers caused, Urgent service on a mates bike, and now I'm off tiling for my parents.

List added to my OP. Some one the names are from another forum that are game.

PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

I'll be up for these md-week rides. F800GS not for off-roading , 52 (also taken early retirement)
soulsurfa

Post by soulsurfa »

Hi, fairly new to this forum, i`m more getting into green laning, i`m based near Cresselly, Carew, i would love to join others for some rides, don`t hold it against me but i`m a scooterist at heart but just bought myself a Kmx 200 for some dirty fun. ;)
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

i would be up for a trail explore but unfortunatly i work in the week so weekend only for me
and bike off the road for a bit hopefully it be going in a couple of weeks keep your plans coming as i am local to you in Llanelli.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”