Peak District offroad / green lane this Sun 13th

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
AckAckFlack

Re: Peak District offroad / green lane this Sun 13th

Post by AckAckFlack »

Sorry Judge148 that we missed you. I know the cafe is set back from the road. Next time I will give you a heads up earlier.
It was a good day out - cut short sadly at about 3pm due to me spotting the Africa Twin weeping oil from under the bashplate - I will need to investigate more when I can get it clean enough! I think it was from a large fight with a sharp stone on Stanage edge.

There were quite a few pictures and videos but I thought it was better to add them together into a montage on Youtube.

[video][/video]

On the way around the trails we were stopped by the Police and asked about where we were going and had already been. It would be a shame for the trails to be closed due to abuse.

Just after this we joined the road to go to the next one and a Lady Horse Rider came out in between Mike in the lead and me in second place. She had a foal in tow. Ofcourse I stopped as you would do especially with the young foal but she then shouted that she wanted to come along with us as she was training the horse and foal to get used to Motorbikes - a sereal 400 yards or so with us boxing them in (see vid)

I am not counting the times I laid the bike down because it isn't important (Mike) but as there is only one photo as proof so it's only once.:-)
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

Just a few Pitures of the day.
Mike here happily taking pictures rather than helping me wrestle the tired Africa Twin

As a kid I hated getting dirty - just seems so natural now.

Trolls of the Bridge

Just found this lying around

Mike concentrating - he is still grinning in there though

Short rest before doing that trail in the background (Sheffield off to the right there)

Kids will be kids

Note the Crocodile on the right

Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Nice pic;s Gary, My SM would not make them trails with water on them. glad u had a good day. Catch u again.....Nick
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

Cooper wrote:Nice pic;s Gary, My SM would not make them trails with water on them. glad u had a good day. Catch u again.....Nick
Shame it rained in the morning as it did make some of th trails harder. (for ms anyway) having said that there are so many trails out that area Mike would have managed to find ones to suit who came along.

beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

AckAckFlack wrote:having said that there are so many trails out that area Mike would have managed to find ones to suit who came along.
There are plenty of trails in the Peaks but although there are some easy ones I still think the Peak trails are slightly harder than those Ive been on in North Wales. The Peak trails tend to be mainly rock based whereas North Wales are slightly less rocky, less steep and dont hurt as much when you fall off.

Will hopefully be planning a trail rideout in North Wales in the next couple of weeks. Will fix my bike first as it has a developed a dangerous wobble at speed.
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Hi, i'm in Wales from Tue 26th April till May the 2nd if you fancy a ride out. Staying in Morfa Nefyn....Link....
morfa_nefyn
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Gents,
looks like you had a good time inspite of the weather. Me and a mate were up in that area the day before and luckily for us it stayed dry all day. Did some great trails which were pot luck really but I guess it helped we were on our 'baby' bikes (a WR250F and a KTM 250EXC F).

Might join you next time!;)
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

AckAckFlack wrote: Mike concentrating - he is still grinning in there though

That lane looks so cool!
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

CRAIGREVO wrote:

That lane looks so cool!
Its a fantastic byway. Not difficult at all. One of my favourite tracks in the Peaks.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

beddowsm wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote:
That lane looks so cool!
Its a fantastic byway. Not difficult at all. One of my favourite tracks in the Peaks.
It looks kinda like a dry river bed. B)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”