Scotland..Recommend Me Your Routes,Roads,Campsites & Pubs!! :)

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Boggs

Scotland..Recommend Me Your Routes,Roads,Campsites & Pubs!! :)

Post by Boggs »

Hello Folks
Ive got some time off so im throwing the tent on the back and i'm gonna head off out over the border once again.Ive done a lot of Scotland in the past but i still love the place,i know ive got my own favorite roads,routes,campsites and pubs,but i fancy some fresh ideas for my next excursion.So if you'd like to share some of yours with me,id love to hear them.
Cheers Boggs
hornet

Re: Scotland..Recommend Me Your Routes,Roads,Campsites & Pubs!! :)

Post by hornet »

Go north and west Oban Malliag sky Ullapool Unapool Applecross naturally, Durness smoo cave and see the puffins and walk along the beach loop down through Tongue then down. bottom side of loch ness.

Actually thinking about it I never had anything other than lots of fun even in the pouring rain we found the east side to be less exciting /adventurous. So tended to stay west.

Hornet
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

hornet wrote:Go north and west Oban Malliag sky Ullapool Unapool Applecross naturally, Durness smoo cave and see the puffins and walk along the beach loop down through Tongue then down. bottom side of loch ness.

Actually thinking about it I never had anything other than lots of fun even in the pouring rain we found the east side to be less exciting /adventurous. So tended to stay west.

Hornet
Thanks for your suggestions,it's much appreciated,i agree with you also about the east,it's nice but not a patch on the west.
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Spud..
That's a cracking site,thanks so much. B)
jed54

Post by jed54 »

Hi Boggs just got back from Sky, Applecross etc.
Make sure you take plenty of midge spray, there's
lots about at the minute. Jed
Martinl69

Post by Martinl69 »

I'm heading up to Scotland in a few weeks, planning go to Oban from Dunoon via Tighnabruaich, Otterferry, Inveraray and Lochgilphead. Then on to Glencoe and around Loch Leven before heading to Killin and around Loch Tay then down towards Killin to Callander and Dukes Pass through Achray Forest 3 Lochs Forest Drive (trail consists of seven and a half miles of winding forest road). Then onto Aberfoyle and across to Loch Lomond, I've built in a few roads off the main A roads.

Can't wait for it, I've booked a few B&Bs along the way. The only pub I've decide to call at so far is The Byre Inn, Brig O' Turk, Nr Callandar. I've found a nice fish restaurant in Oban but other than that I'm winging it.

Have fun and enjoy
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

One word Applecross, check it out on the map, plot your route , whatever route you take to get there it will be a good one
davem

Post by davem »

West is best and you can't go wrong on the NW coast. The B869 is a real twisty single track that runs between Unapool and Lochinver via Stoer - very scenic.

There are some good routes inland. The A93 from Blairgowrie to Braemar is a beauty, and the hill road from Killin over to Loch Lyon is a good un and can be combined with the road that crosses back over by Lochan nan Lairige.

Have a good trip whatever you do.
RH_SCOTLAND

Post by RH_SCOTLAND »

Often overlooked and completely worth a run, Dumfries & Galloway.

Some amazing roads, coastal, forest and hill routes. And if you get some local info, you can start your scenic route a mile across the border. Routes to Ireland and anywhere North. Takes a bit more time, but completely cuts out the mundane 100 miles to the arse end of Loch Lomond.

Alternatively you can have three days in D&G and include a £25 return day trip on the bike to Norn'iron....
Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them....

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”