Adventure Bikers Club Expo Stand.

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Road2Manchester

Adventure Bikers Club Expo Stand.

Post by Road2Manchester »

March 22-23 is the next Manchester Motorcycle Show at the new Event City. (Trafford Park, easy to find, loads of free parking.)
I have a cunning plan.

A stand at the said show as the ABC (Adventure Bikers Club), this ensures a free stand, and all I need to get Ian Coates and maybe a few other 'names' to attend along with a selection of ABR'ers and their bikes.
There is an owners club for every make model and genre of bikes so why not us lot.

5-7 bikes of various makes and condition sizes etc some maps, kit, maybe a tent.
Pretty sure we can sort accomodation within the members here that are around Manchester.(or camping at Giants Seat for the hard-nuts)
Ian says he will get his bike (and him) there, and with some input from Alun and other(You reading this Skygod) contacts you will all come up with, lets show em what we can do.

Come back to me fast as I need to get things moving.

PM or do the gmail.com thing as road2manchester, at,
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
Road2Manchester

Re: Adventure Bikers Club Expo Stand.

Great response that !!!!!! :sick:

Well just an update to anyone who wants free access to the show, and show off there bikes.

Stand confirmed.

We can put 'stuff' on show so what do we need.

All models from £big Bucks, to budget ABR bikes
Combo would be good.
Pics, posters anyone got banners, flags, maps
One of those easy-up banners things.
Alun..... got anything???

Skygod.... Jonnos or your HP2....

Get back soon so I don't think I am threading myself....
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
BSharp

Post by BSharp »

I have only just seen this thread...Im shocked at the response. Any way I maybe new but I am up for it I have a "51" F650GS I have got load of camping stuff (budget stuff unless i can get me grandads original Force 10) I can bring if you need it (and if im not using it :P ) I will bring any thing else I have that i can get my hands on :)
BSharp
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

Hope you pull this off, sounds good B)
I would offer to come up, but I may be picking my son and some other army cadets up from a course that Saturday so I can't commit.
Good luck mate :)
Road2Manchester

Please note:

This 'stand' is not an ABR forum or magazine event, just little old me looking at the possibility of showing those out there who havn't 'passed over to the green side' how we do it.

I will add the same request to other 'forums' that cover specific models to see if we can put on a great 'club' stand covering our genre of bikes. Exhibitors will get free access to the show.

Pete
cam to gif

MarkN

Post by MarkN »

It's certainly a good idea and could be good fun for a weekend. It would catch my eye if I was looking around and saw a few bikes and a tent etc. But, what are you promoting? There isn't a club to increase membership etc and this isn't a business to sell stuff etc - it's getting lost on me at the moment.

But if you'd like a hand, please give me a shout.
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

There's a slim chance I will be back in the UK, don't live too far away could bring either the 1150gsa or the 55w tenere, when would you need a firm commitment by. Would love to do it... but don't have firm dates for being back yet.
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

I would come up, but it is a bit of a trek for me. Now if you said Brands Hatch that would be fine.

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

MarkN

Post by MarkN »

sexysi wrote:I would come up, but it is a bit of a trek for me. Now if you said Brands Hatch that would be fine.

si
A bit of a trek? It's about "Adventure" riding! :whistle:

Think of all the places you'd through to get a few pictures!!
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

I know I know, but I will be coming up to Wales that month, for the Morocco meet, plus I have spent the last two weeks out everyday, in rain, snow etc etc just to reach 200+ Plus points on the Scrabble game. My poor old bones will need a rest.
I also have to share my time between 4 kids and a girlfriend :woohoo:

Plus will be up to Scotland on the 18th Feb Snowboarding, and March is when the canoe slalom season starts as well.....

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”