Ace Cafe London - Overland Adventure Tour Bike Day

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Treadtrader

Re: Ace Cafe London - Overland Adventure Tour Bike Day

Post by Treadtrader »

davsato wrote:
hands up who thought jonathan shouldve parked his rugged roads mobile billboard next to the TT stand for a laugh?
Maybe he should next time. :whistle:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Browndog

Post by Browndog »

Hello all. :)

Arrived just after 10. Had a great breakfast and met a few ABR members for the first time.

Thanks for the stickers Alun.

Few random pics

Kiteboy

Post by Kiteboy »

Nice last pic Brown Dog! That's my 800, first proper ride on it today. Took me about 30 minutes, two mugs of tea and a full english to warm up, and that was only 130 miles from Weymouth. Heated vest for the Elephant rally next year I reckon. First te at the ACE and was good to see what people had done with there bikes. Hard to put web names to faces though. Loved the repsol AT!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi all, great meet and boy was it busy.
Davasto- should have fueled up this morning before we left Hampshire:whistle:

Nice to see the yamaha xtz 750`s and the cagiva "elepant" and Datsun fans "military bike":cheer:

more KTm`s and Bmw than owt else , but that "rugged road" honda sure was sweetB) .

Food and company good as always..... Till next year

and for the record I dont like the new Triumph Xc800....but then we are all different.
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

Great day out. I started the day as "Billy no mates" and rode home feeling that I had spent the day with some good friends. :)

We rode over to check point 15 Manor Park where we witnessed the unspeakable in a grave yard
Overlanders Ace Cafe 20.02.11 028.JPG
Overlanders Ace Cafe 20.02.11 028.JPG (75.51 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
Overlanders Ace Cafe 20.02.11 029.JPG
Overlanders Ace Cafe 20.02.11 029.JPG (71.37 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Alphadog43 wrote:Great day out. I started the day as "Billy no mates" and rode home feeling that I had spent the day with some good friends. :)

We rode over to check point 15 Manor Park where we witnessed the unspeakable in a grave yard
Overlanders Ace Cafe 20.02.11 028.JPG
Overlanders Ace Cafe 20.02.11 029.JPG
I let ya go off on yer own and look what happens. :woohoo: :lol:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
stormfield

Post by stormfield »

Was a nice afternoon. Interesting to hear Austin Vince talk. Didn't recognise anyone from the forum, guess I should have joined one of the meet-ups en route! Till next time.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Had a fab day and it was great to finally put some faces to the names, truly a friendly bunch of people and a pleasure meeting you all.
Apologies to those that I missed or didn't get time to talk to, as it was a hectic day indeed, with a few friends and my brother turning out to say hello.
The ride in was great, 8 of us in total, which took us to the 'scenic' Itchycoo Park, and the stunning views of the North Circular Rd.
A special thanks to James for getting the rally together, it works really well, in getting the groups and individuals out and about.

IMG_0009_2011-02-20.JPG
IMG_0009_2011-02-20.JPG (72.2 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
IMG_0008_2011-02-20.JPG
IMG_0008_2011-02-20.JPG (81.02 KiB) Viewed 1640 times

Here are a couple of pix of the day at the Ace, the first I think captures just how laid back Adventure riders are, I hope you dodn't mind Mick! followed by some random photos of the day.
If I had to pick a couple of bikes to take home, besides my own, :lol: the SWEET little J reg GS took my eye, along with the Rugged Roads AT, and Rays Super Ten.
Craig's bike is even better in the flesh than the pictures posted before could do justice to, and the Desert Cammo AT was brilliant.
I eventually copped eyes on the new Triumph,to which I was underwhelmed, I didn't like the pix of it before, and in the flesh; well it doesn't make me even want to test ride one, too wiry for my taste; it looks like it could do with a good meal.
Also glad to see TT made it home OK.
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG (76.96 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
IMG_0013_2011-02-20.JPG
IMG_0013_2011-02-20.JPG (65.1 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
IMG_0012_2011-02-20.JPG
IMG_0012_2011-02-20.JPG (69.85 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG (62.72 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
davsato

Post by davsato »

Tramp wrote:Hi all, great meet and boy was it busy.
Dave- should have fueled up this morning before we left Hampshire:whistle:
i did on friday for my pootle round the new forest, i forgot i only put a tenner in and thought i had plenty left. doing the sums with the trip comp and petrol receipts i mustve done 140miles just bimbling around friday, thats more than today going to the ace and back its amazing how the miles rack up when youve nowhere in particular to go!

good to meet some of you finally, some of you again, some of you never again hopefully (joke, promise)

i especially liked jonathan and whealies cunning africa twin 'before and after' pose, parking up next to eachother to show the honda rep the two ends of the taste spectrum :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Dave
Paul C

Re: Ace Cafe London - Overland Adventure Tour Bike

Post by Paul C »

Had a fab day and it was great to finally put some faces to the names, truly a friendly bunch of people and a pleasure meeting you all.
Apologies to those that I missed or didn't get time to talk to, as it was a hectic day indeed, with a few friends and my brother turning out to say hello.
The ride in was great, 8 of us in total, which took us to the 'scenic' Itchycoo Park, and the stunning views of the North Circular Rd.
A special thanks to James for getting the rally together, it works really well, in getting the groups and individuals out and about.
May I echo Marks comments, good stuff indeed. It was my first time at the Ace Cafe too and it was good to meet you all - there are people behind all those usernames! ;)

Wasn't the warmest though! Looking forward to more...
...I just want to ride!

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”